Mahindra 8560 Cab Roof Removal

/ Mahindra 8560 Cab Roof Removal #1  

Sealevel

Tractor
Mahindra 8560
Hi, I need to remove the cabin roof. I removed the covered nuts around the perimeter on top of the roof. However the roof is held fast. Are there attachment points hidden above the interior roof lining or is the roof adhering to a gasket.

/ Mahindra 8560 Cab Roof Removal #2  
Can you post a picture?
May I ask why you need the roof off?

/ Mahindra 8560 Cab Roof Removal
Hi kneedeep, I need to check the HVAC fresh air-recirc mixer in the roof as it doesn't work. The switch and electrics check out ok. Attached is an image of the top of the roof with a couple of the covered 10mm nuts visible. After removing the nuts the edge of the roof can be flexed up a little but appears to be attached somewhere else. There are no other bolts/nuts on the top of the roof.

Attachments

• 8560 Roof.jpg
    8560 Roof.jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 63
   / Mahindra 8560 Cab Roof Removal #4  
Is there access thru the fresh air filter on each side?
Maybe a bolt holding it on?

/ Mahindra 8560 Cab Roof Removal #5  
Hi, I need to remove the cabin roof. I removed the covered nuts around the perimeter on top of the roof. However the roof is held fast. Are there attachment points hidden above the interior roof lining or is the roof adhering to a gasket.
I had to access to the heater hose connection on our New Holland TD95D and after removing the fasteners the roof was hung up on the threads of the studs. I rapped it with a rubber mallet and it came free. Maybe this is what your problem is.

Thanks guys, the threads aren't binding. I dropped a filter but the roof is double skinned. The filter to fan run would need to be sealed to only allow filtered air to enter the fan. I'm surprised that no one else has had to lift the roof. When I get time I'll have another go at it.

Apologies, for not replying earlier, but I've only just got back to it. Farming is full of conflicting priorities. I removed the HVAC control panel inside the cab which allowed me to slide my hand in and press upwards on the underside of the roof. It let go with the typical stuck rubber? gasket sound. Anyway all you need to remove the roof is to undo the 8 x nuts on top of the roof and perhaps press from the underside. Thanks for the suggestions.

Hi kneedeep, sorry no pics. The the HVAC fresh air-recirc mixer is working ok, it's very quiet, (a red herring). The AC evaporator was clogged, which probably accounted for the less than stellar performance of the AC system. I'd checked the pressures and they'd all seemed normal. I gently blew the evaporator out and of course the dust went into the cab but that was easy enough to clean. Remember we're in the tail-end of summer down here so I needed the AC to work properly which it now does. 1500 hrs of hay making probably accounted for the clogged evaporator.

The system is contained within it's own housing. The air is sucked in by two fans from the filters through the evaporator, then the coolant heat exchanger and pushed out through the cabin vents. I was able to lift the lid of the sealed housing and tilt the evaporator up a little without disturbing the refrig plumbing.