Tractor News Mahindra buys Pininfarina

/ Mahindra buys Pininfarina #1  

Trillium Farm

Gold Member
Tractor
Massey 50
The Premier italian car design firm Pininfarina has been bought by Mahindra.
Get ready to see a lot better looking Mahindras in the future.:thumbsup:

/ Mahindra buys Pininfarina #2  
The Premier italian car design firm Pininfarina has been bought by Mahindra.
Get ready to see a lot better looking Mahindras in the future.:thumbsup:
Mahindra tractors look good enough to be #1 in world sales. More likely Pininfarina will enhance Mahindra's car, truck, suv line of vehicles. From the article below, it appears Mahindra has come a long way from the days of building JEEPS.

Pininfarina, Iconic Italian Car Design Firm, Purchased By India's Mahindra

Indian automaker Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. agreed to buy Italian car designer Pininfarina SpA Monday, ending months of negotiations, according to Bloomberg.

Founded in 1930, Turin-based Pininfarina is known for designing cars for Ferrari, Alfa Romeo, Peugeot, Fiat, GM, and Maserati. Of late, the company has come under hard times, recording losses in 10 of the past 11 years and amassing debt of upto half its market value. The company registered net debt of 47.4 million euros ($52.1 million) at the end of September.

Mahindra reportedly purchased the company to improve its automotive design following its acquisitions of South Korean carmaker Ssangyong Motor and the motorcycle unit of French auto manufacturer PSA Peugeot Citroen.

The designer already cooperates with Mahindra on SUV development and worked with it on the Halo electric sports-car concept unveiled last year. Earlier in December, sources told Bloomberg that Mahindra may invest as much as 150 million euros ($164 million), including debt and fresh capital, to revive the designer.

Trading on Milan-listed Pininfarina痴 stock was suspended citing a pending announcement while Mahindra & Mahindra痴 stock was up 2.52 percent in India.

/ Mahindra buys Pininfarina #3  
I had to check the date... this isnt April Fools.

Mahindra buying an iconic design house like Pininfarina is a bit of a surprise to put it mildly.

/ Mahindra buys Pininfarina #4  

Mahindra buying an iconic design house like Pininfarina is a bit of a surprise to put it mildly.

Check out their website.
Mahindra.com | Rise
Mahindra is a HUGE conglomerate that is involved in Aerospace, Boats, Autos, Farm Equipment, Real Estate, and Finance. Most of us only have contact with the tractors or now the new UTV.

/ Mahindra buys Pininfarina #5  

I suppose no more surprising than them trying to buy Jaguar and Rover from Ford (Tata Motors won that deal) or Saab from GM. $16.9 billion (2015) in world-wide revenue gives you lots of clout to buy what you like.

/ Mahindra buys Pininfarina #6  
I do not see how they could possibly improve the perfection.... of my 5035 HST... :)

Attachments

• 5035-4wdhst.jpg
    5035-4wdhst.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 144
   / Mahindra buys Pininfarina #7  
Maybe get some better paint... I for one would pay a hundred more for auto quality paint.

/ Mahindra buys Pininfarina
Maybe get some better paint... I for one would pay a hundred more for auto quality paint.

You'll see the design will change too, look at the 2016 Zetor designed by Pininfarina. Eye candy sells and Mahindra is well aware of it.