Mahindra Dealer No Longer

/ Mahindra Dealer No Longer #1  

Fredex

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 6000
My nearest Mahindra dealership is now TYM. Actually I should say 3 dealerships as they had 3 stores - 2 in MO, 1 in KS. Don't know if this was Mahindra's decision or the dealership's. Though earlier threads mentioned franchise cancellations.
However a new Mahindra dealership opened about 25 miles further down the interstate; closer to KC. The new place has been in the lawn tractor business for some years. The "red" on his/her lot as I drove by the other day was pretty small stuff.
Former dealer sold quite a few 00 & 20 series - ag country vs. surburbia. Don't know what the deal is, but my fear is that need routine maintenance supplies for my 6000, it won't be in stock. Guess I'll just have to wait & see, but I can't see a small surburban lawn dealership being very knowledgeable or concerned about ag utility sized equipment.

/ Mahindra Dealer No Longer #2  
Fredex,
When I was hunting for a Mahindra dealer in Iowa, I found one down by the Mo boarder west of I-35. Our you north of KC?

/ Mahindra Dealer No Longer #3  
The dealer he is referencing is C & L Sales. Very nice people. I don't know any details, but they ARE TYM now. They are still servicing what they have sold as far as I know. I have heard the Blue Valley tractor south of Kansas City is now a Mahindra dealer. Very nice people there too, as I have met them also. They used to be a Kioti dealer. I don't know anyone that has bought from them but MY dealings with both dealers has been very good.

/ Mahindra Dealer No Longer #4  
Must be the time of year for new franchises to kick in. Seems logical given the seasonal nature of the business... at least up my way. I just found out that I've got a brand new Mahindra dealership less than a mile away from my girlfriend's brother's and mother's homes in Ellington, CT. Looks like an Agway dealer that used to (and maybe still will) carry John Deere. This is the first Mahindra dealership in a town I visit or pass through fairly regularly. Perhaps even better, a new dealer listing just appeared for Taunton, MA. Never heard of the folks before, but this is also a very welcome option. No more 2+ hour drives to the only two Mahindra dealership options I had before this month! :D

In a loosely related story... the tractor folks 8 minutes down the road just added TYM to their line-up. Not clear yet if they will keep Kioti and/or Massey... but this is likely good news for me... the owner of a TYM-made 4110. :)

Dougster

/ Mahindra Dealer No Longer
rback33 said:
I have heard the Blue Valley tractor south of Kansas City is now a Mahindra dealer.

Yes, Blue Valley is the new outfit with stores in Stillwell & Bucyrus, KS and Grain Valley, MO. Not familiar with their KS operations. MO, 35 miles from me, looks to be non-Ag. May not be too bad, though, if their KS stores have Ag customers. If so, they can probably get common parts for me in a day from the KS side.

Didn't know about their KS stores at time of original post.

/ Mahindra Dealer No Longer
jmacshriver said:
Fredex,
When I was hunting for a Mahindra dealer in Iowa, I found one down by the Mo boarder west of I-35. Our you north of KC?

No, near I-70 mile 58. Ex dealer, C&L, was/is at mile 49.