Mahindra emax 22 will not go above idle most of the time

/ Mahindra emax 22 will not go above idle most of the time #11  
So i got call from my dealer earlier today. He was able to get it to act weird while his scan tool was connected. Turns out the actuator is actually bad. He said all the wiring looks good, and it intermittently loses communication with the actuator. He said he even called mahindra tech and confirmed the diagnosis. My machine is a few months out of warranty, but was able to coerce mahindra into some assistance on this repair. Im told the actuator and labor would be about $950. Im pissed that i gotta spend almost a grand on repairing this thing, but at least im getting a good deal on the repair considering the actuator itself is normally over $1200 nevermind diag time and labor. Im also happy that my dealer (johnson automotive in bethany, Ct) stuck his nose out and got some financial assistance from mahindra. Parts should be in next week so ill gibe an update once i have it back.

/ Mahindra emax 22 will not go above idle most of the time
So i got call from my dealer earlier today. He was able to get it to act weird while his scan tool was connected. Turns out the actuator is actually bad. He said all the wiring looks good, and it intermittently loses communication with the actuator. He said he even called mahindra tech and confirmed the diagnosis. My machine is a few months out of warranty, but was able to coerce mahindra into some assistance on this repair. Im told the actuator and labor would be about $950. Im pissed that i gotta spend almost a grand on repairing this thing, but at least im getting a good deal on the repair considering the actuator itself is normally over $1200 nevermind diag time and labor. Im also happy that my dealer (johnson automotive in bethany, Ct) stuck his nose out and got some financial assistance from mahindra. Parts should be in next week so ill gibe an update once i have it back.
Thanks so much for the information. I am sure mine will be the same thing, and mine is definitely out of warranty. I will not spend 1200-1400 dollars on getting the actuator changed. I am sure that there should be a recall of these, but Mahindra will never admit there is a problem. That is absolutely absurd that the part costs that much. Guess I may be looking to buy Kubota again.

/ Mahindra emax 22 will not go above idle most of the time #13  
Tractor will not idle above 1250-1500rpms
I saw something about possible bad fuel actuator. Where would this be located on the engine, and has anyone else out there had this problem
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Also other than the dealer, where could I purchase the parts
clean your fuse panel first, disconnect battery. See what happens...

/ Mahindra emax 22 will not go above idle most of the time #14  
Thanks so much for the information. I am sure mine will be the same thing, and mine is definitely out of warranty. I will not spend 1200-1400 dollars on getting the actuator changed. I am sure that there should be a recall of these, but Mahindra will never admit there is a problem. That is absolutely absurd that the part costs that much. Guess I may be looking to buy Kubota again.
Well, even if you want to get rid of it, its worth quite a bit less than the repair would cost to sell it not running. And perhaps you can lean on your dealer or mahindra for some assistance. My dealer has told me that they do try to help. Im not thrilled that it failed but what else am i to do? Also, if anyone that experiences this failure files a report on cpsc website, we may be able to get it classified as a recall especially if we can support the claim that this is a safety issue because of loss of engine power/steering or stalling.. Also, its a good time to get involved in the lawmaking process so that even more stringent emmissions controls arent rammed down our throats.

clean your fuse panel first, disconnect battery. See what happens...
What do you mean by clean the fuse panel?should I blow out with air, or do I pull the fuses and spray some kind of cleaner in there. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Now I notice that if I just start the tractor and let it get warmed up it runs fine. Not sure why that is.

/ Mahindra emax 22 will not go above idle most of the time #16  
What do you mean by clean the fuse panel?should I blow out with air, or do I pull the fuses and spray some kind of cleaner in there. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Now I notice that if I just start the tractor and let it get warmed up it runs fine. Not sure why that is.
I actually took battery cable off ,took cap off fuse box got a rubber baby snot sucker (clean) then sucked up some alcohol 50-70% clear stuff and squirted it the fuse panel then used a hair drier and dried. On mine I had gotten water in the fuse box / panel ,my tractor would not crank or turn over just the hour meter thing showing, been going from then on that was about 300 hours have around 1,200 hours now. Then one by one remove fuse check for corrosion them put a thin coat of auto light bulb grease on the fuse legs and replace.

So did the dealer get your tractor all fixed up with the actuator?just curious if that took care of the problem,and you are back to normal again. Thanks again.

/ Mahindra emax 22 will not go above idle most of the time #18  
So did the dealer get your tractor all fixed up with the actuator?just curious if that took care of the problem,and you are back to normal again. Thanks again.
Yes, it appears the new actuator has fixed the problem. Ive had the tractor back for almost 2 weeks now and ive been able to put a few hours on it and it seems to be running good with no more issues. Total bill was $1006 out the door.