Mahindra FEL Hydraulic Leak

/ Mahindra FEL Hydraulic Leak #1  

LSU-Mike

I have a ML106 FEL on my Mahindra 2615. The right side bucket cylinder is leaking at the shaft. The shaft is in excellent condition without any corrosion or malformation. Less than 1,000 hours.

After reviewing a couple of YouTube videos, I don't think I want to attempt DIY repair. The Mahindra dealer referred me to an area hydraulic repair shop that quoted me $175 to "rebuild" it. The dealer said a new Mahindra cylinder would cost around $600. A quick internet search found generic cylinders with similar dimensions starting around $180. I have no idea what are the operating specs of my cylinder, but suspect I shouldn't base a purchase decision on physical dimensions alone.

I will appreciate suggestions of repair vs replacement. If replacement is recommended, can someone suggest a source and what specs should I require? There is some seepage at the same location on the left bucket cylinder, so I expect I'll have to address it at some point.

Thanks all.

/ Mahindra FEL Hydraulic Leak #2  
i had a stab jack leak, had it rebuilt, they are pretty simple. cost was almost identical. parts were 50 bucks If i wanted to do it myself. have 60 hours on it since, its bone dry.

/ Mahindra FEL Hydraulic Leak
Thanks LittleBill21

/ Mahindra FEL Hydraulic Leak #4  
I would get the ones you have rebuilt since you know they fit. I doubt you will find off the shelf cylinders that are exactly the same as the original.

/ Mahindra FEL Hydraulic Leak #5  
For over 10 years I've had a small leak on one of the lift cylinders on my ML 106. So far it is very insignificant. One of these days I will investigate the process of disassembling and repair. These cylinders are confusing because the caps don't have holes to accommodate a spanner.

/ Mahindra FEL Hydraulic Leak
All sounds like good advice…as I anticipated fro this forum. Thanks eveRhône.

/ Mahindra FEL Hydraulic Leak #7  
Partial response, partial request on a sleeping thread.

1st, I have the same issues you all have described. 10 years of seepage, finally turning into full blown seal, and seepage on the cylinder on the other side. In my typical fashion I dove right in and tried to take it apart. Removed the hoses and pulled it from the tractor.

For those of you thinking about, it was easy, in fact I think it is less complicated then some other cylinders. I used a pipe wrench to remove the cap. I did it on my bench top without using a vise, just the fitting nipples agains the metal surface was enough. (FYI, they came out on my first attempt without much effort. The wrench left little to no mark on the cap and I would have thrown it in the vice if I had to leverage against the fittings).

Now that I figured out I could get it apart I need the replacement seal kit. Anyone looking at this happen to have a link or a part number to a good rebuild kit they can post?

Much thanks.

/ Mahindra FEL Hydraulic Leak #8  
If you don’t have a local dealer for that tractor then best would be to high tail it to your nearest competent hyd repair shop with all parts in tow and have them matched up.

/ Mahindra FEL Hydraulic Leak #9  
I have a ML106 FEL on my Mahindra 2615. The right side bucket cylinder is leaking at the shaft. The shaft is in excellent condition without any corrosion or malformation. Less than 1,000 hours.

After reviewing a couple of YouTube videos, I don't think I want to attempt DIY repair. The Mahindra dealer referred me to an area hydraulic repair shop that quoted me $175 to "rebuild" it. The dealer said a new Mahindra cylinder would cost around $600. A quick internet search found generic cylinders with similar dimensions starting around $180. I have no idea what are the operating specs of my cylinder, but suspect I shouldn't base a purchase decision on physical dimensions alone.

I will appreciate suggestions of repair vs replacement. If replacement is recommended, can someone suggest a source and what specs should I require? There is some seepage at the same location on the left bucket cylinder, so I expect I'll have to address it at some point.

Thanks all.
I've re packed well over a thousand cylinders. Never bought a new one, so can't advise you on that. Never bought parts at a dealer either. Done a few swivel joints too, but didn't use dealer parts.

/ Mahindra FEL Hydraulic Leak #10  
Thanks all, I will probably end up heading to the dealer at some point, I think there is one about 40 minutes away...which is better than rebuild shops, I was not able to find a local one when I needed a mystery log splitter hydraulic repacked. Getting tired of having my tractor in my garage while the summer ticks by so will probably get around to this soon.