Oil & Fuel Mahindra fuel system

/ Mahindra fuel system #1  

mowingken

Tractor
2720 John deere & 5570 Mahindra
Can any one instruct me on how to bleed the fuel system on a 5570 4WD fuel system. I ran out of fuel or almost ran out of fuel. The needle gage was past the middle of the red zone on the fuel gage when I parked the tractor in the garage.
Two days later I went out to move the tractor and I could not get it started. I just had a particle rebuild of the engine by the dealer. When they brought the tractor back it started right up, backed off the trailer. I paid the bill, driver left. I hopped on the tractor and it started right up. I drove it maybe 50/60 yards and parked it. The tractor sat for the rest of the day. At the end of the day I got on and it started right up. I drove it to my garage that I put it in and noticed how low the gage reading was so I put in about 2.5 gallons of fuel, that was all I had at the time. It started right up, backed away from where I fueled the tractor and parked it in the garage.

I have purged the fuel filter and did get some air bubbles at that time. I primed until there were no more bubbles. Still could not start. The owner manual and the service manual say to loosen the fuel inlet connection on the injection pump and hand prime to get any air out, which I did. Still it would not start. Went back to the books and it says to release the air bleed screw on the injection pump and hand prime until all air is displaced. So here is the problem; where is the air bleed screw located on the injection pump. I know where the air bleed screw on the filter is located and the hand primer, but I can not identify a bleed screw on the injection pump. None of the pictures or diagrams in any or my books show a air bleed screw on the injection pump. If anyone can help/guide me I would greatly appreciate it. This tractor is driving me nuts. Thanks.

/ Mahindra fuel system #2  
IF u have a hand primer in the system.. then u have a return fuel system.. no need to bleed the pump..
just pump the HP until u hear the fuel rushing back to the fuel tank or a slight resistance is felt while using the HPrimer.
DONT FORGET to secure the HP before starting the engine.. some screw back down into themselves..
U NEED MORE FUEL than 2 gallons.!!! or your beating a dead horse..
IDK if you have a mechanical system or a hi pressure system?? IF its a mechanical system, the injectors & lines will be "outside" of the valve cover.. LOOSEN the lines AT THE INJECTORS & spin the engine until u get fuel squirting out w/ no air.. & tighten..
NOW start the engine.. Good luck