Mahindra Universal Hydraulic Fluid

/ Mahindra Universal Hydraulic Fluid #1  

tractorboy5500

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra 5500 4WD, 275 FEL
I have a Mahindra 5500 4x4, On the first oil change for the transmission I used a universal fluid for hydraulics and transmission oil, but it seem to make my wet brakes chatter some so I changed it out with Shell Donax and it did good. Now the Mahindra place dont sell the Shell Donax any more, but have a Mahindra oil-Universal hydraulic fluid for hydraulics and transmission, it does say its for wet brakes, but so did the other universal oil I bought, but made my brakes chatter. Has anyone used the Mahindra Universal hydraulic oil in there transmission? I thought I would try it, but I will ask if it will makes my brakes chatter before buying it. Ifit does maybe they might give my money back.

/ Mahindra Universal Hydraulic Fluid #2  
One of my clients is a Mahindra dealer in Liberty Hill, Texas. Great tractor but, their lubricants are nothing more than private label fill. Schaeffer's Universal Tractor Hydraulic fluid(product code 115) is what they use for service. It will elliminate your brake chatter problem.

/ Mahindra Universal Hydraulic Fluid #3  
Another excellent choice is Napa/Valvoline.

/ Mahindra Universal Hydraulic Fluid #4  
I have a Mahindra 5500 4x4, On the first oil change for the transmission I used a universal fluid for hydraulics and transmission oil, but it seem to make my wet brakes chatter some so I changed it out with Shell Donax and it did good. Now the Mahindra place dont sell the Shell Donax any more, but have a Mahindra oil-Universal hydraulic fluid for hydraulics and transmission, it does say its for wet brakes, but so did the other universal oil I bought, but made my brakes chatter. Has anyone used the Mahindra Universal hydraulic oil in there transmission? I thought I would try it, but I will ask if it will makes my brakes chatter before buying it. Ifit does maybe they might give my money back.

Tractorboy5500,
Outdoor Equipment Outlet (OEO) in Conroe has Donax. They are in the old Ford dealership on 105.

I was POd when Top Flight quit selling Donax. I use Shell fluids everywhere on the Big RED Beast.

I buy my Donax from OEO, along with my Stihl and Hustler parts.
hugs, Brandi

/ Mahindra Universal Hydraulic Fluid
Tractorboy5500,
Outdoor Equipment Outlet (OEO) in Conroe has Donax. They are in the old Ford dealership on 105.

I was POd when Top Flight quit selling Donax. I use Shell fluids everywhere on the Big RED Beast.

I buy my Donax from OEO, along with my Stihl and Hustler parts.
hugs, Brandi

Thanks Brandi, I know where that is, just didnt think of it at the time.

/ Mahindra Universal Hydraulic Fluid #6  
Thanks Brandi, I know where that is, just didnt think of it at the time.

Tell Tim, Travis, Tbo, or John I sent you.;) That should get a laugh.:laughing:
hugs, Brandi

/ Mahindra Universal Hydraulic Fluid #7  
One possible suggestion if you have changed oil and as a result have brake chatter, Caterpillar supplies an additive part number 197-0017 that is used in their backhoe loader differentials to eliminate chatter. The differentials are a limited slip style that uses friction disks for their limited slip capability. I checked my OMM and it states to use 0.5 qt (1 pint) with each oil change. Just an idea. There are probably similar additives under many brand names. I assume Caterpillar is like everyone - in the business of building machinery, not refining oil, so they have a big oil supplier like Exxon-Mobil make their stuff and package it in Cat labeled containers.

/ Mahindra Universal Hydraulic Fluid
Tell Tim, Travis, Tbo, or John I sent you.;) That should get a laugh.:laughing:
hugs, Brandi

Well, I went there today and ask what the price was for 2 5gals of Shell Donax was, and almost passed out, there price is $60.00 per 5gals.
After doing some research from other places, its about right. Thought about going to the Chevon 1000 THF. The price on that is $70.00 per 5gals. That was at Napa in Cleveland. :confused2:
This will make me think twice about spilling a drop when pouring into a funnel.:D

/ Mahindra Universal Hydraulic Fluid #9  
Well, I went there today and ask what the price was for 2 5gals of Shell Donax was, and almost passed out, there price is $60.00 per 5gals.
After doing some research from other places, its about right. Thought about going to the Chevon 1000 THF. The price on that is $70.00 per 5gals. That was at Napa in Cleveland. :confused2:
This will make me think twice about spilling a drop when pouring into a funnel.:D

Oh yeah.............it ain't cheap.:eek: I'm sticking to Shell products. That way I remember what is in it.:laughing: The front axles and hubs also have the Shell Spiralx:confused2: Gear oil or whatever that spiral name is.
hugs, Brandi

/ Mahindra Universal Hydraulic Fluid #10  
Shell Donax series has been replaced by Shell Spirax.

eg. Donax TD now Spirax S4 TXM

check online or contact your shell dealer.