Comparison Mahindra vs Kioti

/ Mahindra vs Kioti #1  

TomIre

Gold Member
Tractor
Branson 3725
Looking at two very similar tractors - Mahindra 2638 vs Kioti CK 3510.
2638 is 20% heavier for 10% more money and with my hills, that's needed weight.
I revisited dealers today and am happy with both. Slight nod to Mahindra on service.
Any suggestions / advice on what and how to compare would be appreciated!

/ Mahindra vs Kioti #2  

747driver

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti CK27 HST
Don't just consider the weight, you can fill the tires and put a box blade on the rear for added weight.. The Kioti is 2.5 inches wider, has a 11.7 gpm hyd system. Both are good tractors. I looked at the Mahindra but found the Kioti had a better fit and finish. You need you test drive each one and see how the machine fits you and how the controls work for you. Good Luck

/ Mahindra vs Kioti #3  

justinramani

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra 4035
I am mostly happy with my Mahindra. It really took me a while to accept the fact that tractors aren't like vehicles. You cant expect to buy them and not have any issues. You will likely have minor kinks to work out on any tractor that you purchase. For me - it was an issue of hydraulic and coolant leaks from various hoses and fittings. Lately I haven't noticed it leaking, but that's not to say that the leaks won't pop back up in the future. Where I am really happy with my Mahindra is with it's weight and lift capacity.

I seriously considered Kubota before I purchased my Mahindra, but the dealer didn't seem at all interested in giving me the time of day! I also looked at LS, but the closest dealer to me was almost two hours away.

/ Mahindra vs Kioti #4  

xcgreene

Platinum Member
Tractor
2 Kioti DK45SEH's 1969 John D 2510
Mahindra advertises extra weight quite a bit. Simply being heavy is not necessarily a sign of quality. It could be that the molten mystery metal used is so cheap that filling larger castings adds little extra cost. Little finish work is done to these castings, again, adding weight, and saving money. This method provides the tractor manufacturer a great pitch of "more weight". For us, we assume more weight must mean more metal, and more metal must mean higher quality.

At the same time, being lighter isn't a sign of cheapness. If a tractor is well engineered and utilizes stronger metals, its weight can be reduced, while retaining its durability. I would say that Kubota is a perfect example of this. Arguably one of the most durable and well engineered tractors in the market, yet their weight is down. Ballast can be easily added, only so much can be taken away, and being too heavy may be an issue for certain tasks. Having the ability to lighten up some, is an advantage.

In my opinion, looking at these two tractors all by themselves, the Kioti is the better machine, by a considerable margin. But your dealer location/price/resources could flip this to make the Mahindra the better choice for you.

By no means do I feel Mahindra makes a bad tractor. But from my experience with both machines, the Kioti is a bit more thought out and refined.

/ Mahindra vs Kioti #5  

LMychajluk

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti CK3510SE
I've been comparing the CK3510SE to the 1533 (but waiting to see more details on the 1635, though this will be on a smaller frame). The 1533 is a Mitsubishi-built machine, while the 2633 is a TYM (at least that's what I understand).

I was almost set on the Mahindra, but the Kioti is growing on me. The overall package just seems more complete (though I'm still waiting on a quote for the Kioti to be able to compare features / cost). Some of the things that I liked about the Kioti were the linked pedal system, the dual rear remotes, Independent PTO w/ the HST and 'Auto PTO', better hydraulic flow, and 3pt hardware (mind you, the SE has some stuff standard that may be optional on the standard CK3510). The CK3510 seems to have a better loader and back hoe on paper, and the 1533 has more lifting capacity at the 3pt. The 1533 is a bit heavier, and no DPF filter (though I haven't heard of any issues with the Kioti DPF).

If the CK3510SE comes out to be less $$$ than the 1533, I may end up jumping into one. But the current offers on the CK series aren't that great, so if not, I may wait a few months and see what the summer offers bring and maybe have more details on that 1635.

/ Mahindra vs Kioti #6  

69raptor

Bronze Member
Tractor
97 ford 1320 mihindra 3616,sold kioti nx 4510c
I sold a 3616 mihindra tractor recently to buy a kioti 4510c. Personally i couldn't get past the mihindra was way to slow in reverse for me. And another thing it didn't seem to lift what they advertise.. just my option.

/ Mahindra vs Kioti
OP
T

TomIre

Gold Member
Tractor
Branson 3725
Thanks! Didn't see it know it was there. Had to go to the "Full Site" before similar threads showed up. Every day is a learning day!

/ Mahindra vs Kioti #8  

paulfun9

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti DK40
I am mostly happy with my Mahindra. It really took me a while to accept the fact that tractors aren't like vehicles. You cant expect to buy them and not have any issues. You will likely have minor kinks to work out on any tractor that you purchase. .

That's news to me! No Issues at all with our Kioti!