Maintaining Two Batteries With One Maintainer....

/ Maintaining Two Batteries With One Maintainer.... #11  
I use a Minn Kota charger/maintainer on my boat. Keeps two deep cycle and one starter battery in great shape. Bats stay on the boat year round and have been getting 8yrs out of the batteries. The charger is 10yrs old now.

/ Maintaining Two Batteries With One Maintainer.... #12  
Of the latest types, I have the Ctek 3300.

Battery Chargers - CTEK Battery Chargers

It is more money than some of the basic ones. Why it's worth more money to me:

1) Puts out 3.3amps max. Decent capacity vs. compact case size. Easy to tuck into smaller spaces.

2) Does have de-sulphation mode.

3) The unit is well sealed against water and dust (IP rated). I can use it outside in less than ideal weather.

4) It has a cold weather/AGM mode. Standard flooded lead-acid batteries benefit from a higher charge voltage in cold weather. AGMs like a higher charge voltage in general.

I'd stay away from the $8 tenders - a few folks have cooked batteries on the stuff Industrial is warning about. Battery Tender seems to be popular, but it's one I haven't tried.

Automotive

Around here I can find CTek or Bosch equivalents for less money than Battery Tender.

Rgds, D.

That's what I have and wouldn't use anything else !!!! Especially if you have a modern battery.

/ Maintaining Two Batteries With One Maintainer.... #13  
I apologize, I meant connected in parallel, not series! 12 volt batteries with a 12 volt charger.

No Worries :), as long as nothing was wired up as 24v.

Rgds, D.