Maintenance Log

/ Maintenance Log #1  

SJay

Gold Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT225 Tractor, John Deere 4x2 Gator, Husqvarna Zero Turn, John Deere Buck 650 ATV
The attached word document is a log I use to keep track of all my maintenance. Feel free to use and modify. I store it on my Google Drive so I have access to it from anywhere. :thumbsup:

Steve

Will work for most types of equipment. (Open it and save it as a template)

/ Maintenance Log #2  
Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

/ Maintenance Log #3  
Thanks for the Log format.

Now I have to motivate myself to keep it current.

/ Maintenance Log #4  
Thanks! I have been too lazy or not enough time to make my own! I have been just writing everything down in a notebook, but now I will just print some of these out! Thanks again!

/ Maintenance Log #5  
I use a spreadsheet file (Numbers) on my iphone as a use log. Date, Hours, fuel etc. nothing fancy.

/ Maintenance Log #6  
The attached word document is a log I use to keep track of all my maintenance. Feel free to use and modify. I store it on my Google Drive so I have access to it from anywhere. :thumbsup:

Steve

Will work for most types of equipment. (Open it and save it as a template)

I use something very similar to yours. I keep a them in sheet protectors in a binder in my shop. I put a copy of invoices of any major repairs in there too. This really takes a lot of the guesswork out of maintenance.

It also helps when trying to sell a piece of equipment. It really impresses the potential buyer to see good maintenance records.

/ Maintenance Log #7  
Good record. I just keep little 3x5 spiral notebooks for the tractor and in each car/truck. Put all fuel additions and maintenance in a running form. Used to have separate areas of the notebook for maintenance and oil changes. Now, I just put everything right in time line with fuel purchases in the little notebooks. Had a bigger notebook when doing for the 1983 Benz that we kept for 25 years, but the little notebooks would have worked.

I later transfer the fuel gallons and hours/miles to an Excel worksheet for each vehicle. Any maintenance item that might affect fuel usage is noted there, or maybe change in grade of oil (which I did on the Benz and the Tacoma).

Ralph

/ Maintenance Log #8  
Very useful document! I just bought my first tractor, so this is exactly what i needed. I'm going to tweak a couple of things for my specific needs, print some out, and put them in a 3 ring binder I'm making for the tractor. Having all the tractor reference materials in one place on the shelf in the shop makes good sense to me! Thanks for sharing!

/ Maintenance Log #9  
I have been keeping all of mine in a small coil notebook in a drawer in my garage, but I like the neatness of that form. Thanks for sharing. The bottom quick reference information is FANTASTIC!!

/ Maintenance Log #10  
IMHO, the other piece of information that is just as important as "When did I last change (lube, check, etc..) the ______?" is:

"How often do I need to change (lube, etc...) the ________?"

(IMHO) One piece of information without the other.......
.... makes me flip through 75 pages of the owners manual!

Last edited: