Making a motor cross track

/ Making a motor cross track #1  

Green Acres Homestead

Veteran Member
NewBrunswick & Nova Scotia www.lostcaper.com
Tractor
Kubota L4740 sold now have a new L2502 as off Jan 2023
Have a small but growing tractor service business. I have an L4740 with a logging winch, forks and a couple of different buckets. My customer has 12 wooded acres that he wants turned into a park and on two acres a motor cross track installed. I have the two acres cleared and I think I have him convinced to hire a dozer for stump removal and general track grade.

I have put in a road and cleared the track area. I still have another 40 cords to cut. Most of the wood is big birch and is being processed into firewood.

/ Making a motor cross track
Ya. I raised the logging winch up when my back hatch window was opened. **** window fetched up on the winch and broke. $500 for the glass.

Besides that and some wood splitting issues I am having fun. here are some pics.

image-1094819474.png

Darn bear keeps snoopen

Attachments

• image-287645680.png
    image-287645680.png
    978.9 KB · Views: 253
  • image-3358087134.jpg
    image-3358087134.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 252
  • image-1686219970.png
    image-1686219970.png
    993.2 KB · Views: 235
   / Making a motor cross track #3  
Sounds interesting :thumbsup:

Yeah you don't want any stumps anywhere within launching distance of the track. My buddy got busted up good on a stump when we were young teens with dirt bikes.

Good Luck!

JB.

/ Making a motor cross track #4  
2 acres is going to be a pretty small mx track. Thats about the size of arenacross/supercross track. Do they want jumps or just more of a natural terrain trail? I would definitely want a dozer to get rid of the stumps and get the basic grade. Do you have a location where you can generate the dirt that you'll need to make the jumps? Once you have the dirt the loader on the tractor is good for laying the dirt in place for the jumps. The dozer can shape the jumps too, but I personally like using a bobcat.

I own a motocross track so if you have any specific questions you can let me know.

Chris

Ya a bit small but it is designed for a private thing with his son and a few friends.

The ground is awesome which is great drainage sandy soil. We will be able to use the Material there to mould the track.

Hey chris. Thanks for offering your service. We nay need it before it is over.

This owner is an advanced motor cross rider. There will be jumps, table tops fast straights etc.

I will keep you posted.

/ Making a motor cross track #6  
Just an FYI...its pronounced and spelled motocross.

Sounds like fun...and sure would like pictures on the process!

/ Making a motor cross track #7  
Cool....I love motocross and have wanted to build a track here too. I got my youngest son into motocross to try and keep him out of trouble. I had great plans for him and didn't mind spending the money required to keep the bikes at the track every week. I had started working on the track but it was hard to race every weekend, work to make money to support the effort and get anything else done. It worked for awhile but he finally ended up getting into trouble anyway. The kids now days really need all the help they can get to keep them on the right trail. Maybe if I had gone on and built a decent track at home he may have hung in there but at the time it was an imposable task. It was a shame to because he was a really good rider and possibly had a chance to go pro but he threw it all away.

Man, I applaud you! do what ever you can to keep them interested in the right stuff. Motocross is a great sport, it's dangerous but well worth the risk if you can keep them away from the wrong crowd. I agonize each and every day knowing my boy is in jail for doing dumb stuff mostly just to impress a bunch of losers that had nothing; but looked so cool that he had to be just like them. I guess that makes him a loser too.

Do what you can to keep them doing the right thing, please!

gaproperty said:
Have a small but growing tractor service business. I have an L4740 with a logging winch, forks and a couple of different buckets. My customer has 12 wooded acres that he wants turned into a park and on two acres a motor cross track installed. I have the two acres cleared and I think I have him convinced to hire a dozer for stump removal and general track grade.

I have put in a road and cleared the track area. I still have another 40 cords to cut. Most of the wood is big birch and is being processed into firewood.

www.gaproperty.ca

/ Making a motor cross track #9  
2 acres is going to be a "play track" for sure. I've built many MX tracks and the smallest one was on 50 acres. the largest one had a 40 acre parking lot/pit area....

He'll need a FEL to keep it maintained properly with the table tops, jumps etc.

We cleared with excavators and dozers and built mostly with large FELs. Dozers are really slow for that kind of work. we used a large towed roller to compact the track during construction..... Add 6 inches of dirt, compact, repeat with some water distribution in between.