Making an offer on a 'used/new' Kubota 1140?

/ Making an offer on a 'used/new' Kubota 1140? #1  

Dadnatron

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 5100e with FEL
I've been looking for a UTV for a while. Always seem more expensive than they should be for what I'd be getting.

I found a 2018 RTV X1140 demo/rental unit and has 181 hours / 761 miles on it at a Kubota dealer with a $15K OBO option. It has a full composite roof and integrated windshield. No doors etc. (This isn't a cab, just a nice cover and full windshield.) Even thought it is a 2018, it will be sold as 'new' with all applicable warranties, etc.

I haven't gone to look at it, but the salesman says it in great shape.

I am NOT good at bargaining. I should ask my friend to come along, as he'd likely have them pay me to take it with me when I leave. But that isn't me. I'm not above making an offer on it though, although I'm not sure what would be a fair offer.

Its the machine I think would work best for our farm, but the price is more than I'd really like to spend. I have no 'need' for NEW, but I do have a need for reliable and useful. I have a tendency to 'over-buy' and I could likely get by with something less versatile/large/expensive. But I've spun my wheels into a stand still.

I really need to get 'something' as my trucks are not very useful as quick transport around my farm. I'd like something with either a VERY easy manual dump, ie for my wife, or preferably a hydraulic dump, capability. Most interested in solid, farm work kind of machine, not a fun, tear it up joy ride.

I'm in the Lexington KY/Indianapolis IN area, so if you have other ideas I'm up for it.

Kubota 1140.jpg

/ Making an offer on a 'used/new' Kubota 1140? #2  
If your dealer discounts new like some, you should be able to buy new for $16-17k. Not to mention 0% financing if you were interested. Although sometimes these machines are not readily available, I would figure the most I would give before going to look at in person and mentally deduct for anything that detracts from being in "excellent" condition. IMHO, I would have to save at least a couple thousand to go used. Good luck!

P.S. If new, I think the 0% financing cost is a straight $400.00

/ Making an offer on a 'used/new' Kubota 1140? #3  
The manual dump is not easy, even when empty, go for the hydraulic.

/ Making an offer on a 'used/new' Kubota 1140? #4  
A year or so ago I bought a "used" 30 or so hour enclosed 1100x, I wasn't looking for one but a friend of mine had passed away and his wife asked if we would be interested in it just to pay off the note. We bought it for something like 17K. I believe as equipped new it would have been in the 25k range. ..For 15K I think you are in the ballpark if its clean. A full warranty is nice security.

/ Making an offer on a 'used/new' Kubota 1140? #5  
If you decide you want to shop close, Somerset, and want to save lots of money, like about $8000 dollars, then I have a near new RTV500 with under 90 hours for $8350 and I'll even help you negotiate it down to $8000. I bought it for Grandson when he's here and then bought him a 4 wheeler and bought a XT1140 to replace my 8 year old 1140 and so don't need it. It has top, windshield and mirrors. 606-679-4514DSCF7025.JPGDSCF7024.JPGDSCF7023.JPGDSCF7027.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF7026.JPG
    DSCF7026.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 138
   / Making an offer on a 'used/new' Kubota 1140?
If you decide you want to shop close, Somerset, and want to save lots of money, like about $8000 dollars, then I have a near new RTV500 with under 90 hours for $8350 and I'll even help you negotiate it down to $8000. I bought it for Grandson when he's here and then bought him a 4 wheeler and bought a XT1140 to replace my 8 year old 1140 and so don't need it. It has top, windshield and mirrors. 606-679-4514View attachment 654183View attachment 654184View attachment 654185View attachment 654181

John, Does that 500 have a hydraulic dump bed?

/ Making an offer on a 'used/new' Kubota 1140? #7  
John, Does that 500 have a hydraulic dump bed?

No but strangely enough it isn't that big of an issue to raise it by hand. My previous 1140 and new X1140 both have hyd but they are huge beds compared to the bed on the smaller RTVs and guess the pivot point or whatever makes the hand lift no big deal. Come try them both and see for yourself. Drive it up the mountain and down the paved street for the hands on test drive.

/ Making an offer on a 'used/new' Kubota 1140? #8  
I think you should go look at John's stuff. Perfect opportunity to compare the 500 to an 1140. Hopefully he'd let you drive them both?

/ Making an offer on a 'used/new' Kubota 1140? #9  
I know John and he will let you drive both. He owns the mountain behind his house and also has plenty of uphill and down hill paved streets for test driving.

/ Making an offer on a 'used/new' Kubota 1140?
I know John and he will let you drive both. He owns the mountain behind his house and also has plenty of uphill and down hill paved streets for test driving.

John,

I'll speak with my wife, as she will be the one with the most 'qualifications' on what she wants. If she is good, I'll contact you and see if we can make a time to come down and take a look at them both. The question is two-fold. Will it fulfill the role we need it to address? Will my wife be willing to use it to fill that role.

Thanks,
Shane