Making Fuel from Carbon Dioxide, the perfect answer??

/ Making Fuel from Carbon Dioxide, the perfect answer?? #1  

DGZRT

Silver Member
Tractor
Branson 2515H
This seems like the perfect answer to the fuel crisis. Why are we not seeing this being scaled up and built in every country??

/ Making Fuel from Carbon Dioxide, the perfect answer?? #3  
He lost my interest when it turned political. Sounds like it is very expensive to produce and likely not able to complete in a free market. So they need government regulations to give them a shot. No thanks.

/ Making Fuel from Carbon Dioxide, the perfect answer?? #4  
He lost my interest when it turned political. Sounds like it is very expensive to produce and likely not able to complete in a free market. So they need government regulations to give them a shot. No thanks.
Sounds like e-gas to me. If the gummit don't subsidize it, it's not profitable to market.

/ Making Fuel from Carbon Dioxide, the perfect answer?? #6  
How much energy does it take to work?

BTW i don't care about the politics, i care about the economy of an endeavor, so not going to let that scare me off from looking at something.

/ Making Fuel from Carbon Dioxide, the perfect answer?? #7  
All I know is what I read and the supposed 'experts' all say it takes more energy to produce a gallon of corn alcohol that the energy it actually produces. I do know that without government welfare (subsidies), no corn distillers can remain in business.. So, you get to pay twice. One time (taxes) to subsidize them and again at the pump to use it. What a crock.

/ Making Fuel from Carbon Dioxide, the perfect answer?? #8  
Seems government subsidies always declare the winner. More information about this might tell a lot more. No facts or figures or projections were presented.
Unfortunate that he had to put his science hat aside and then mention ANYTHING about politics. Wished he left his "science hat" on and present some numbers and projections.

I tired of those who claim to want to help everyone and then talk about someone. This energy problem is an everyone problem. As is the water problem. As is our grid problem. etc

Last edited:
   / Making Fuel from Carbon Dioxide, the perfect answer??
This seems to be a good video explaining the basic concepts.

/ Making Fuel from Carbon Dioxide, the perfect answer?? #10  
Interesting. Could use any energy source to generate electricity, and make fuel from co2. Did i miss where the hydrogen came from?