makita concrete saw opinions

/ makita concrete saw opinions #1  

hazmat

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L5460HSTC
I'm looking at buying this Makita DPC7311. My used Stihl from ebay showed up & it is BEAT:mad: I'm in the process of trying to return it. I need to work WITH my tools, not ON them.

Anyway - the Makita is $850 at Home Depot w/ free diamond blade and 4.5" angle grinder. A 14" Stihl TS400 is $950, the TS460 I think is $1050 which is the same displacement 73cc as the Makita. Neither Stihl includes a diamond blade. I've been super happy with my Stihl chainsaw. I've got a couple makita electric tools that I am happy with as well. The only downside I see is that the dealer network is much stronger for the Stihl should I need any parts or service. Thoughts?

/ makita concrete saw opinions #2  
Makita's chainsaws are made by Sachs Dolmar and I'd imagine the cutoff saws are too. I've never heard any negatives on the Dolmars from an owner other than the small number of dealers... Given the internet has a few dealers I'd give it a go.

/ makita concrete saw opinions
Thanks Scott - I picked it up last night. Couldn't say no to the price for something that will likely get used for 1/2 doz projects. If I were out trying to make money with it, I'd go with the Stihl for the better support. I should probably order the wear items to have on hand if needed - belt, filters etc...

/ makita concrete saw opinions #4  
:cool: Dolmar has an interesting website on their chain saw engine powered drag bike.... Somthing like 15 chainsaw engines on a motorcyle frame....

Google can find it I think...

Wear earmuffs, Those things are LOUD...