Man it's hot here!

/ Man it's hot here! #1  

diesel_nut

Gold Member
Tractor
~'88 1872(sold); '08 GT2554
This is the time all you northerners can get back at us for posting how nice the weather is here in the spring, fall and winter.

Whew!!

94 but the 'humiditure' is 100.

We live off the humiditure like you guys talk 'wind chill'. I think they use the term 'heat index now, where it was humiditure a few years back.

Supposed to 97 tomorrow with a heat index (humiditure) of about 105.

Anyone that says humidity mean nothing is welcome to come down and spend a few days :)

My pool temp is 96!! Time to drop it about 6" and add some well water. I can drop the pool temp about 4 degrees doing that.

The grass is going NUTS!!

Time to change my avatar ;)

Last edited:
   / Man it's hot here! #2  
Man I know it. I grew up here in the Midwest am use to it but people that come here to visit this time of year from the west or north just about die when they step outside. It's going to be hotter tomorrow and thermometer says 98 F right now with humidity at 55% the heat index is 107 F. I need to mow today but I going to wait till later this evening.

/ Man it's hot here! #3  
I'm currently visiting family here in MA, there's been one nice day in the past week. Every other day (including today & tomorrow) has been in the 60's and raining....which I personally like the temp but you can't do anything outside......this is the typical Seattle weather....except they're having no rain there in the last several weeks! Seems like the world's weather is changing.

/ Man it's hot here! #4  
Yep, we've got 97 degrees with a heat index of 101 this afternoon and it's supposed to get warmer tomorrow.:mad: Mowing the yard and helping a neighbor move was tough today.

/ Man it's hot here!
Supposed to be 100 this weekend.

/ Man it's hot here! #6  
I don't take heat and humidity well at all. Just thinking about it makes me sweat like a pig. Tomorrow is supposed to be near 90 and humid. Cutting grass is sure gonna be fun. :mad: I sure miss winter! I like some warmth every now and then (65-70 tops) but not this hot crap. I would rather shovel snow over this any time! :D

/ Man it's hot here!
Been down here for 16 years. It took me 3-4 summers to acclimate. i grew up in western Maryland where it was rarely over 70 at night. occasionally it would get into the mid 90's for few days. Here it will be over 90 for 6 weeks straight. A couple of years ago we had one solid month where it hit 100 every day. I withstand the heat a LOT better now. Actually me and my kids went out for a mildly brisk bicycle ride and it was still about 90 out this evening. It actually felt pretty good. I know that sounds odd to those from cooler regions but you get used to it just like you get used to the cold.

/ Man it's hot here! #8  
We are looking at 100 and 101 for most of the week. Actual temp. Don't want to know what the heat factor is..

/ Man it's hot here! #9  
Been down here for 16 years. It took me 3-4 summers to acclimate. i grew up in western Maryland where it was rarely over 70 at night. occasionally it would get into the mid 90's for few days. Here it will be over 90 for 6 weeks straight. A couple of years ago we had one solid month where it hit 100 every day. I withstand the heat a LOT better now. Actually me and my kids went out for a mildly brisk bicycle ride and it was still about 90 out this evening. It actually felt pretty good. I know that sounds odd to those from cooler regions but you get used to it just like you get used to the cold.

I've lived in Mississippi for about 25 of my 40 years and I've never gotten used to it.

/ Man it's hot here!
Didn't necessarily say I like it :) but I don't 'wilt' in the heat like I used to. I also know when to avoid the heat and when to venture out better than I did.