Man out standing in his field

/ Man out standing in his field #1  

pcwolf

Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC2310
Hello, All

I retired from the Coast Guard to a few acres in a very green part of Virginia, next to the Yorktown Battlefield National Monument. I once owned a 1951 Ford 8N and regret selling it every day since then. I have been scouring the internet, craigslist, this forum and others for about eight months. I visited John Deere, Kubota, and Massey-Ferguson dealers multiple times and looked at a few dozen private party offers. Last Friday I found a 2005 GC2310 taken in trade-in, looked at it today and wrote the check. Has the loader and backhoe but no belly mower.

I have a half-acre of lawn, but my greater plan is to recover some of the encroaching woodland to expand my usable lot. Also, besides digging sidewalks and spreading driveway gravel by hand, I never even considered starting on my desire to have a goldfish pond out back. At 62, I am pretty tired of my shovel and wheelbarrow.

-Phil

Attachments

• GC2310.jpg
    GC2310.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 110
  • GC2310b.jpg
    GC2310b.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 104
   / Man out standing in his field #2  
Welcome aboard pcwolf. Virginia is a fine state.

/ Man out standing in his field #4  
Welcome.

Congrats on retirement, land purchase and tractor purchase. Retirement is a pretty hard life. Primarily because you are going to tackle all those jobs you didn't have time for before. And even with the new equipment there will still be a LOT of hand work. Enjoy!!!!

/ Man out standing in his field #5  
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum! I hope that Massey helps a little to ease the pain of your Ford loss. :tractor:

/ Man out standing in his field #6  
G'day Mate and welcome to TBN from Downunder.

Enjoy the site.

/ Man out standing in his field #7  
:welcome: to TBN Phil.
Enjoy the retired you have earn.

/ Man out standing in his field #8  
I found a 2005 GC2310 taken in trade-in, looked at it today and wrote the check. Has the loader and backhoe but no belly mower.

I have a half-acre of lawn, but my greater plan is to recover encroaching woodland to expand my usable lot. Besides digging sidewalks and spreading driveway gravel by hand, I never even considered starting on my desire to have a goldfish pond out back.

At 62, I am pretty tired of my shovel and wheelbarrow.

A Ratchet Rake should be one of the first attachments you consider. You can use a Ratchet Rake for several projects you intend.

VIDEO: ratchet rake grading - YouTube

THREAD LINK: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/375397-ratchet-rake-today.html?highlight=

GC2310 should be excellent for up to five acres. Just a tad short of ground clearance for woods work, but it will do.

Consider a (generic) Three Point Hitch mounted 54" Finish Mower in lieu of a (MF proprietary) Mid Mount Mower (MMM). Generic mower is less expensive.
FINISH MOWER LINK: Finishing Mowers For Sale

Massey Ferguson GC2310

2005 - 2008
Backhoe loader tractor
Next model: Massey Ferguson GC2410

Distributor: Massey Ferguson
Manufacturer: Iseki

Massey Ferguson GC2310 Engine:
Iseki
diesel
3-cylinder
liquid-cooled
68.5 ci [1.1 L]

Power (gross): 22.5 hp [16.8 kW]
Rated RPM: 2600

Capacity:
Fuel: 5.5 gal [20.8 L]

3-Point Hitch:
Rear Type: I
Rear lift (at ends): 1,190 lbs [539 kg]

Power Take-off (PTO):
Rear PTO: independent
Rear RPM: 540
Mid PTO: optional independent
Mid RPM: 2000

Dimensions:
Wheelbase: 57.1 inches [145 cm]
Length: 177 inches [449 cm]
Width: 45 inches [114 cm]
Height (ROPS): 86 inches [218 cm]
Ground clearance: 6.9 inches [17 cm]

Wheelbase: 57.1 inches [145 cm]
Weight: 2,600 lbs [1179 kg]

Backhoe & Loader:

Dig depth: 78 inches [198 cm]
Dump angle: 43 inches [109 cm]
full backhoe/loader specifications ...

Massey Ferguson GC2310 Power:
Engine (gross): 22.5 hp [16.8 kW]
PTO (claimed): 18.7 hp [13.9 kW]

Mechanical:
Chassis: 4x4 MFWD 4WD
Steering: hydrostatic power
Brakes: wet disc
Folding ROPS

Hydraulics:
Type: open center
Pump flow: 4.1 gpm [15.5 lpm]
Total flow: 6.1 gpm [23.1 lpm]
Steering flow: 2 gpm [7.6 lpm]

Page information:
Last update: February 22, 2009
Copyright: Copyright 2016 TractorData LLC

Last edited:
   / Man out standing in his field #9  
:welcome:
To the TBN forum Phil. We are glad that you joined. Thank you for your service.

Congrats on the retirement and new property. Looks like a good find on your new to you tractor.

/ Man out standing in his field
Thanks all for the warm welcome! Thanks too, Jeff, for the tip about ratchet rake. I have a gutless Husquavarna YTH for lawn mowing, but I would be VERY interested in a sidemount flail mower to keep the ditches clear :D