Manual Regen of DPF not working

/ Manual Regen of DPF not working #1  

Mlebout

Tractor
MF 1736HL
I have 35 hrs on my 1736. The warning light with "exclamation point in light bulb", keeps coming on for short periods (5-15 seconds). I called my dealer and they want me to do a manual regeneration. This after asking if engine oil level was good and engine temps not too high. But, when I try to start a manual regen it does not work. Tractor in neutral (including PTO), parking brake on and motor up to normal operating temps. Soot gauge is at 3 bars. This is what MF is recommending. But, I don't see how a regen will help.

The tractor has never run hot, 3 bars max on temp gauge. Besides a faulty sensor, does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike

/ Manual Regen of DPF not working #2  
Mike,

Your unit seems to be the second one I've read about in the last week having an issue with Regen. Nick has a 1734E which Massey had to update the software on the ECU. I'm hoping that the update for Nick's unit is the fix however, we most likely will not be 100% that it is until his unit has a number of successful Regen cycles.

My 1736 purchased last year mainly for snow removal has not gone through a Regen cycle yet as the snow fall this season is almost zero compared to last year.

Keep us posted with your progress, hoping its just minor fix.

/ Manual Regen of DPF not working
Thanks! Will report solution...

/ Manual Regen of DPF not working #4  
Since my upgrade I've only put about three hours on it last weekend. One more hour and it will go into its regen mode and that will be the true test. From my experience the dealer didn't know much about my issues and had to call the MF rep. The rep was aware of these issues,maybe your dealer has to run your issue by their rep. Mine had 43 hours so we're in the same ball park for usage. It's all covered under warranty ( except your frustration). Good luck.

/ Manual Regen of DPF not working
Thanks Nick. My dealer had to contact MF also. Still not sure why a regen. would stop this warning light from coming on. The manual suggests checking radiator fluid and engine oil pressure.

Waiting for dealer to get back to me. Advised them yesterday that the manual regen. did not work.