Manual vehicle transmission to HST issue

/ Manual vehicle transmission to HST issue #11  
Other than a few bare bones strippo econoboxes, I didn't even know stickshift vehicles still existed, at least in the U.S.

Years ago I started using my left foot for the brake when driving an automatic so I wouldn't bring it down where the clutch used to be. Still do even though I haven't had a stickshift vehicle in close to 15 years. I do kind of miss it sometimes, but they don't seem to be available on anything that interests me.

I've only had geared tractors so can't comment on hydrostatic ones.

The one I have will likely be the last on I own, I will drive it till it falls apart. By the time I buy another car for myself we should both be retired and we'll be going down to one car.

/ Manual vehicle transmission to HST issue
I'm one of those old dinosaurs that doesn't think it's a truck unless you have to shift it.

Just been interesting to make sue my mind takes over the muscle memory. My tractor has a tendency to coast a foot or two when I take my foot off the HST pedals (I think i need to do some cleaning on the mechanism for it) so in close quarters I've had to use the brake which is on the left side of my tractor.

/ Manual vehicle transmission to HST issue #13  
Other than a few bare bones strippo econoboxes, I didn't even know stickshift vehicles still existed, at least in the U.S.

Years ago I started using my left foot for the brake when driving an automatic so I wouldn't bring it down where the clutch used to be. Still do even though I haven't had a stickshift vehicle in close to 15 years. I do kind of miss it sometimes, but they don't seem to be available on anything that interests me.

I've only had geared tractors so can't comment on hydrostatic ones.
Contrary. Some, like Mazda, are putting sticks on top of the line models. All we have are sticks. The wife once drove my father's big automatic car with them in it. She hit the brake when going for the clutch.

Another time with a rental, she kept jamming the gear selector for the automatic down in it's lowest position when stopping, she thinking to shift to low; she did: "L".