Manufactures, mechanics and dealers

/ Manufactures, mechanics and dealers #1  

JerryG

Tractor
MF 1440-4 PowerShuttle
This not meant as a lecture or to grip anyone out. It is also not meant at any one directly. We have been blessed lately with manufactures, mechanics and a dealer. I do say blessed because of their insight that they have been able to provide. These gentlemen have answered all of our questions to the best of their ability and in some cases we have provided information to them also. Spencer200 has even (IMHO) placed himself in a precarious position. I am asking everyone to not abuse these gentlemen. Asking technical questions is one thing, but asking about confidential information is another. Please use these gentlemen’s knowledge wisely. I for one would hate to lose even one of them for our group because we have been enlighten on many things by them. I do wish that more manufactures, mechanics and dealers would join us. It is up to use as members of TBN to act responsible in our dealing with them.

/ Manufactures, mechanics and dealers #2  
JerryG, I am with you on this. I hope that some of expert 'insiders' don't get burned out by too many personal requests.

Kinda reminds me of a party I went to once where an attorney was present. When the attendees found out he was a lawyer, they questioned him for about an hour and a half about various legal woes.

/ Manufactures, mechanics and dealers #3  
JerryG,

I agree with you 100%. I have mentioned in other posts that these individuals have voluntarily offered their knowledge and experience as a resource to anyone who wants to use it. But as with any other resource, the users (us) must act responsible in managing these resources. These individuals can just as easily remove themselves from participating.

I would again extend my sincere appreciation to all of those who offer information and insight for those of us who are trying to learn and make sound decisions. Your assistance is invaluable, and not enough of us say Thank You!

/ Manufactures, mechanics and dealers #4  
Good post Jerry. I have been thinking the same thing, especially about Spencer200 lately. I hope people don't abuse him, because I sure do like having him around.

I think the info he gives us owners on recalls and problems is just as/more important than the pricing info he gives.

Thanks to all of the other insiders that give us info as well: Kubmech, JoeCDeere, CornhuskerDeere, JimMC, and Pieter, and all of the others I'm leaving out. I really enjoy the posts from these guys.

/ Manufactures, mechanics and dealers #5  
Jerry I agree with you completely. These guys are a great asset to the forum and very generous with their time and knowledge. I can’t think of any other product I have purchased that I can talk one on one with manufactures, techs and dealers that were so helpful. There have been a couple of times I thought people were asking to much or griping like it was someone’s responsibility to serve their need NOW.

Seems to me we should count ourselves lucky to have these guys participating and say THANK-YOU whenever possible.

MarkV

/ Manufactures, mechanics and dealers #6  
I have to agree with this thread 100%. And wanted to go one farther, by mentioning that there are probably a lot of non participating dealers that monitor TBN, to help them stay on top of current trends. I would hate for them to get the wrong idea about our beloved members that are involved in the industry.

/ Manufactures, mechanics and dealers #7  
I too agree. The information provided is invaluable and best of all FREE /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif