March 2nd

/ March 2nd #1  

NativeSon

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040SU 2010
March 2, 1836 The Texas Declaration of Independence was signed in Washington-on-the Brazos, Texas. Four days later the Alamo would fall and the Battle for Independence would continue till Santa Anna was defeated at the Battle of San Jacinto by Sam Houston.

Let me be the first to wish you a great "Texas Independence Day".

Have some Migas for breakfast, some BBQ brisket for lunch (with a Shiner Bock), and a Big Thick Bone-in Rib Eye for supper (with some Llano Estacado Wine of your choice).

But at the end of the evening have a toast to the Texicans that fought for the creation of the Republic of Texas and to Sam Houston, whose Birthday was also March 2.

Remember the Alamo, Remember Goliad, and God Bless Sam Houston and
God Bless Texas!!

Charlie

/ March 2nd #2  
The Texicans and Tennesseans :D

March 2, 1836 The Texas Declaration of Independence was signed in Washington-on-the Brazos, Texas. Four days later the Alamo would fall and the Battle for Independence would continue till Santa Anna was defeated at the Battle of San Jacinto by Sam Houston.

Have some Migas for breakfast, some BBQ brisket for lunch (with a Shiner Bock), and a Big Thick Bone-in Rib Eye for supper (with some Llano Estacado Wine of your choice).

But at the end of the evening have a toast to the Texicans that fought for the creation of the Republic of Texas and to Sam Houston, whose Birthday was also March 2.

God Bless Texas!!

Charlie

/ March 2nd #3  
Congrats to the Texans on TBN.

I wonder how long until Texans gain their independence again :)

/ March 2nd #5  
Thanks for the history lesson and I will be sure to lift a glass tomorrow night.:thumbsup:

/ March 2nd #7  

God Bless Texas!!

Charlie

When are you all going to do it again? When you do I'm hoping you'll let me in.

/ March 2nd #8  
What state is Texas in anyway?Its west of the Mississippi isent it?
Army Grunt