Market Watch

/ Market Watch #241  
Many in the Bay Area have a litmus test... single issue stand is yes/no and others expand very slightly on the single issue.

Probably as many reasons as people when you think about it...

It only takes a very small well organized group to organize communities and everything stops.

Housing is a good example with plans and challenges years in the making and costly...

Several projects years in the making and now approved are going no where... no longer viable with vacancies soaring, costs of labor and material escalating and cost of financing at least doubling...

/ Market Watch #242  
Here's a look at the top 8 states that received the most federal disaster funding over the past five years:
  • New York: $16.06 billion.
  • Louisiana: $5.57 billion.
  • Texas: $3.86 billion.
  • New Jersey: $3.57 billion.
  • Florida: $2.61 billion.
  • California: $1.7 billion.
  • North Carolina: $716 million.
  • South Carolina: $555 million.
Interesting. I would have thought the SE would have been getting more due to their weather. NY at the top?

/ Market Watch #243  
Interesting. I would have thought the SE would have been getting more due to their weather. NY at the top?

Have you been to NY recently.... The place is block after block..after block of disaster.. And they keep adding more..

/ Market Watch #244  
The kick in the teeth is that these prices were self inflicted by years of overspending and money supply creation. Last night, I was wondering if there would be a way to convert USD into some other currency that is more stable and still be able to pay my bills with the other currency?

The japenese yen is always held stable. So it's a good currency to borrow in, and now that US interest rates are high...the convered interest arbitrage trade is in the money. A little spreadsheet I have to see if the trade is in the money or not.

1698086611179.png

/ Market Watch #245  
Yield curve inversion today.. or near to it.. This typically leads to one thing.

/ Market Watch #246  
Yield curve inversion today.. or near to it.. This typically leads to one thing.
The yield curve has been inverted for a long time.

Short term rates pay out higher than long term rates.

In fact, there was no buyers of 30 year t-bills last week. The fed had to come in a buy our US debt.

Things are breaking out there. Get liquid and ride it out.

/ Market Watch #247  
Population density, infrastructure and property cost.

/ Market Watch #250  
Because the sellers of gold charge fees to sell it to you and if you store your gold in an IRA there’s storage fees.
It’s rare to buy gold at spot price with no markup
That's a new one on me. How does one store gold in an IRA? Is there some sort of government controlled lock box? I wonder how they keep track of all those bars of gold? And here I thought that IRAs were the same as bank accounts - basically just ink on a piece of paper.
I must be way out of date.
What else can be kept in an IRA? How about tractors? Talk about being stable, our vintage JD hasn't done any real work in at least ten years. Some years it doesn't even move.... hard to get more stable than that.
rScotty