Market Watch

/ Market Watch #421  
Regular gasoline is still $4.79 here in WA. I have no idea what you guys are talking about, lol.

Prices for ALL goods remain high.

Mike
This morning the cheapest SF Bay Area independent regular $3.97

Down the block still at $5.15 ???

/ Market Watch #422  
This morning the cheapest SF Bay Area independent regular $3.97

Down the block still at $5.15 ???
down the block guy probably paid over 5 so can’t afford to sell lower.
Md has a law that, in part, says “a retail service station dealer may not sell motor fuel below cost."

/ Market Watch #423  
I am visiting family in the SF bay area, and pulled over to fill up. Price was $5.07 per gallon. Didn’t know if this was a good spot to fill or not. Noticed others in the area about the same. Florida was about $3.20 before the vacation. Prices are definatly different in regions, but overall have come down a bit from last year (it is an election year, so did anyone expect different?).

Grocery prices up substantially all over though, and not expecting them to come down.

/ Market Watch #424  
I am visiting family in the SF bay area, and pulled over to fill up. Price was $5.07 per gallon. Didn’t know if this was a good spot to fill or not. Noticed others in the area about the same. Florida was about $3.20 before the vacation. Prices are definatly different in regions, but overall have come down a bit from last year (it is an election year, so did anyone expect different?).

Grocery prices up substantially all over though, and not expecting them to come down.
Thats crazy how fuel is different. I guess its probably b/c of the taxes in california. Groceries here are bad. Restaurants have had definite price increase. Car parts and all those sorts of things definitely cost more. Oil prices have a lot to do with OPEC and what they are doing to manipulate pricing. They are trying to keep prices up but bc consumption is slowing down. Its not working. Which is why I think were not out of the woods yet. They are still hold there production cuts till the end of the year and into the first quarter of next year. They were not figuring on world economies to slow down as much as they have. The US is producing over 13 million barrels of oil which is a record and I know OPEC does not like the US having that much market share. I suspect they will flood the market with oil next year like they did in 2016

I believe with the feds trying to tamper inflation. It would appear they have it but inflation has been creeping back up again. So it will be interesting to see how this plays out. Im not convinced that we are out of the woods yet. Neither do most major banks.

/ Market Watch #425  
Regular gasoline is still $4.79 here in WA. I have no idea what you guys are talking about, lol.

Prices for ALL goods remain high.

Mike
I am not sure where in the state you are, but regular is $3.90 here when I filled up yesterday. $3.83 at Safeway today when I drive by.

/ Market Watch #426  
Around 3.00 a gallon for reg gas here in NH...

/ Market Watch #427  
$2.49 at Costco and Sam’s in Albuquerque. Up to $2.74 at other places

/ Market Watch #428  
I believe the posts here; TBNers aren't making this stuff up, they post what they are experiencing.
And their posts say different areas and states are dealing with some really different economies.

It does seems like the Eastern states - north, south, and coastal - are having hard times and a far more difficult recovery in these years post covid. While the mountain and western states are doing much better, almost as good as before.

I think we all agree that economic and social problems are tightly tied to gov't policy, but since it is different in different states, doesn't it make sense that a lot of this is mostly due to differences in state and local governments?
Overall federal & administration policies are more general, and apply pretty much equally everywhere.

rScotty

Applied equally, yes. However each state is so different, the application of those federal laws has a different impact.
I won’t go into who/what party governs most eastern/northeastern states, either.

/ Market Watch #429  
$2.49 at Costco and Sam’s in Albuquerque. Up to $2.74 at other places
Costco gas has been running about a nickel higher than Walmart when I use the Walmart Plus app.
We get 10 cents off the pump price with the Walmart Plus App.

/ Market Watch #430  
Price of West Texas Intermediate is down to $72.37/bbl today, providing some relief at the pump. Here prices are $2.32 for regular gas, $3.23 for diesel. Would be nice if that spread would come down but I don't see it happening anytime soon. Law of supply and demand.

From the Wednesday EIA report:

Total motor gasoline inventories increased by 1.8 million barrels from last week and are about 2% below the five year average for this time of year. Both finished gasoline and blending components inventories increased last week. Distillate fuel inventories increased by 5.2 million barrels last week and are about 11% below the five year average for this time of year. Propane/propylene inventories decreased by 0.5 million barrels from last week and are 17% above the five year average for this time of year.