Forks Markham Welding Pallet forks.....any good?

/ Markham Welding Pallet forks.....any good? #1  

PapaPerk

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3830, Ford Golden Jubilee, 1939 Sears Economy, Polaris Ranger 400, Honda Foreman 450 ES, 2004 Dodge Diesel 3500
Thinking about buying some Markham Welding Pallet forks. They are setup for universal skidsteer quick attach. I am hoping they will fit my Kubota 3830 with LA723 loader with quick attach. Any body have the same setup? Anyone used the forks from Markham???? Thanks for any advice. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Markham Welding Pallet forks.....any good? #2  
Pappa,

I have been trying to get a set of forks from Markham for a couple of months. They had them in stock but sold out what I needed before I could travel out to them. For the last couple of weeks they have been having problems with one of their suppliers.

Nice people to deal with but I had hoped to have the forks by now. I wish I had been able to get out to them when they had the forks in stock. My dealer wants $850 for JD forks vs something like $500 from Markham. I am running out of time so I might have to go with the JD forks....

Later,
Dan

/ Markham Welding Pallet forks.....any good? #3  
Pappa,

I guess I got my forks from Markham at the right time (8/25/04). I chose the forks over a hay spear figuring I would get more uses out of them. I use my Markham forks on a L3130 w/723 loader and they work great. I really like the quality of Alan Markhams work. I have used them to move 1200# rolls of hay, pallets of firewood, even change a flat tire on my truck.

/ Markham Welding Pallet forks.....any good? #4  
If you are simply shopping price, try Ebay. I puchased a set of 48" pallet forks that use the skid steer QA setup for 399.00 and about 80 for shipping from North Carolina to Illinois. They are rated for 3000#'s are adjustable and I got em in about 6 days after I won the auction. They make em too so you can just call em up and buy a set if you don't want to do the Ebay route. I just checked and they are 400 right now. search for pallet forks 48" they are in Denton North Carolina.

I was in the same boat as you, New Holland wanted $800 and another $300 to ship em!! BTW I have used the snot out of em and shown them absolutly no respect and they are as good as the day I got em. They are my favorite tree stump popper outer!!

/ Markham Welding Pallet forks.....any good? #5  
I received my Markham Welding pallet forks last Friday. Haven't had an opportunity to really work with them but the workmanship looks very good. They fit my L3130/LA723 just fine.

I also bought the grubbin bucket for small stump removal but again haven't even had a chance to hook it up.

Vernon

/ Markham Welding Pallet forks.....any good? #6  
Vernon, I am very interested in Markham's grubber bucket. If you get a chance to use it soon, please let us know if it meets your expectations. Thanks, jr

/ Markham Welding Pallet forks.....any good?
Thanks guys for the info! Sounds like i will be getting a set. Now where is that darn piggy bank!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Markham Welding Pallet forks.....any good? #8  
Riddler

I am planning to be using it this next week to get several yaupon stumps out of my way. Rain is forecast starting tonight for 2-3 days so I may be delayed getting started. I will post my experience soon.

Vernon