Marvel Mystery Oil

/ Marvel Mystery Oil #81  
I've done that too and it worked. I was told to shut the engine down immediately after drizzling the MMO into the carb and let it set at least a day. There were no skeeters around for a bunch of hours :)
I did something like this with Seafoam and a rototiller.The guy left ethanol gas in it for more than a year. I drained the fuel, put in some new non-ethanol but couldn't keep it running.

Then I put in way too much Seafoam and started it. When it again quit I unintentionally left it for four or five days and when I started it again it ran fine. 🤷‍♂️

/ Marvel Mystery Oil #82  
I have seen water used in the same manner for the same purpose.
Yrs ago my wife found a lo mileage under warranty used '85 Fleetwood Cad. she wanted. We bought it. Soon started giving trouble. Cadillac was going put new engine in it but was delayed.
I was back in mechanic dept & mechanic was drizzling water down thru carb while running & said same thing, that when water burns & explodes the shock cleans up valves & pistons carbon.
I've also done the "ATF overhaul" before & get rid of neighborhood mosquitoes.

Last edited:
   / Marvel Mystery Oil #83  
I use it for air tool oil, won't gunk up air motors and it's less expensive than IR air tool oil.
My dad was an air tool repair skilled tradesman at GM, He always used MMO for air tool oil. I have used it in all of mine air tools for over 40 years and I never have an air tool motor issue. In fact, I have purchased "bad" air tools from garage sales that "had no power" or "doesn't work well". Take it home and flush the motor thoroughly several times with MMO and they came back from the dead. It works well on rusty bolts and as a general lube as mentioned above too.

/ Marvel Mystery Oil #84  
Gun cleaner --

CONTENTS: Ed's Red Bore Cleaner

1 part Marvel mystery oil or --- Dexron ATF, GM Spec. D-20265 or later. Older Ford Mercon and Mopar are also OK.

1 part Kerosene - deodorized, K1, also OK to substitute Jet-A
1 part Aliphatic Mineral Spirits, ("odorless" mineral spirits) Fed. Spec. TT-T-2981F, CAS
#64741-49-9, or may substitute "Stoddard Solvent", CAS #8052-41-3, or
equivalent, (aka "Varsol")

1 part Acetone, CAS #67-64-1. (Optional)

(Also optional) 200 g per Liter or up to 1 lb. of Lanolin, Anhydrous, USP per gallon, OK to
substitute Lanolin, Modified, Topical Lubricant, from the drug store)

/ Marvel Mystery Oil #85  
I was given a 1953 Willys M38A1 Army jeep that had been left sitting on a farm, was vandalized and pushed into a dry creek bed which later flooded. The engine was seized. When I got the Jeep home, I pulled all the plugs and squirted each cylinder liberally with Jet A jet fuel and let it set for a few days, adding more each day. After a week I put a breaker bar on crankshaft pulley and rocked it back and forth and got slight movement. That worked up to rocking entire jeep, in gear, and got the engine to turn over. Throughout the process changed to MMO for more lubrication. Ultimately, got it loose enough that I could turn it over with starter after fogging cylinder walls with oil.

Next step was starting with starting fluid and getting good oil pressure. With all the Jet A, penetrating oil, regular oil in combustion chamber, it smoke like no tomorrow for a a good bit. Once it was running and good gas supply provided, I started and ran it having done nothing to carb. A buddy suggested using ATF fluid drizzled in the carb. It filled a large hangar where we were working with smoke to the point you couldn’t see ten feet!

After this treatment, the engine settled down ran smoothly and quietly. Other than changing oil, I never did anything else but change the water pump. I cleaned the old jeep up, fixed some rust and body damage and painted and went through all brake system with new and changed transmission, transfer and differentials and flushed them. I finally painted it semi-gloss OD paint as it was from factory.

I drove that jeep for several years before trading it for another earlier model. It was still running and going well the last time I saw it. The only maintenance was changing the clutch pressure plate and servicing.

And I ran MMO in both oil and gas in all my old Army jeeps.
IMG_0735.jpeg

/ Marvel Mystery Oil #90  
A friend who died about 15 yrs years ago, had a antique car junkyard since the 1940s and swore by Marvel Mr Oil to free up frozen engines. i used it many times after that with 99% good results.
i also worked as a mechanic in the 50s and we used Rislone anytime we had sticky valves by revving to about 1/2 throttle and flooding the engine completely out, let it set at least overnight Started it up smoked everybody out in the area but most of the times avoided the valve job. one time the owner of the garage insisted we leave the car parked backed up to the garage overnight. when started a day or so later that side of the white garage got a black paint job. used the Rislone treatment this past winter on my son's 2010 Chevy Suburban showing misfire codes with over 200,000 miles, took it garage they they said sticking valves and lifters and wanted about $2,000 to pull heads replace lifters and deGunk. when he said I can't afford that they said ,well we can try flooding it out ( with some newer product than Rislone) which they did and it has been running ever since with no problems so far knock on wood. i wonder why they didn't say they could do that before they tried selling a $2,000 engine job!!!!
Smiley