Massey Ferguson 135 Dual Acting Spool Valve

/ Massey Ferguson 135 Dual Acting Spool Valve #1  

TRAVEL

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 135
IMG_0587.jpg
IMG_0586.jpg

I am hoping someone with a good understanding of a MF135 will be able to help a new owner of a 1975 model with cab, front loader and tipping trailer.

You will see from the first picture it has a 3 way selector fitted. The centre position allows movement of the rear link arms. When moved to Ext 1 the link arms are isolated and the twin outlet points operate the front loader. Ext 2 was not used. The two outlet points are both different sizes and I have been told the R port is a return to tank. I have fitted a dual acting spool to enable the side shift on my Winton flail mower to be used and connected Ext 2 to the P port on the valve and the T port from the valve back to the R port on the 3 way selector. Unfortunately the setup does not work. The manual says the R port should be kept plugged which leads me to think it may not be a return to tank. The second picture shows a Hex plug just below the 3 way selector. Does anyone know if this could be used for the return to tank. Any help would be appreciated.