Massey Ferguson 1734E Quit running

/ Massey Ferguson 1734E Quit running #1  

Redwhiteblue

Tractor
2016 Massey Ferguson 1734E Shibaura diesel
I have a 2016 1734E diesel that would alarm when started then run for about 10 sec then shut off. The alarms were the 1st regen light along with the alarm L of Speedo (This is the red one looks like rain drop with lighting bolt on either side). I pulled fuses left size of steering wheel and then tried starting again and this time alarms went off except for regen. It ran for about 6-7 minutes then autom shut down and went back to that red alarm. Had dealer pick it up and they got it running after pulling fuses. They had it on an analyzer and walked away briefly then came back and it has shut down and now won’t start at all. Now they say they think the ECU is fried and I asked how much is that and they said $3,000. This is crazy as it has less than 100 hours, always stored inside never abused. Now they say they are not 100% that a new ECU will fix it. Does this sound normal? Where can I find parts at a reasonable price, 3,000 is crazy for an ECU. Frustrated with Massey In so many ways!

/ Massey Ferguson 1734E Quit running #2  
That is a very unfortunate situation. There are companies that can bench test and repair ECMs in the automotive world. Might be worth reaching out to some of them and see if they can do anything with yours.

Often ECM issues comes back to a bad or week connection somewhere. Closely inspecting all connectors and wiring needs to be done before buying a expensive ECM. But the trade off is it takes time and that can make the total repair cost much higher if it is in fact a bad ECM.

Not much I can offer other than to say good luck. Hopefully you will get a solution soon.