Massey Ferguson dash Identification

/ Massey Ferguson dash Identification #1  

Copar

Tractor
Massey ferguson
Hi ,I am new to this group, I have owned a Massey Ferguson tractor for some years now, and still not sure of the model. I have posted some pics of the dash, as it has two large holes, central positioning, one has a speedo, the other a tachometer, then there are a further five smaller holes for instrument, as well as the normal switch and illumination lamps. I purchased it as a 135, but the identity plate is missing apart from a small alluminium strip with a numbers stamped in - pop riveted to the dash, se pics. I have seen that it has remains of yellow paint under the bonnet, [now removed to replace a leaking water pump], but the outside is painted red -[as when I purchased it]. I now suspect it started life as an industrial model. If any one can help, I would like to know if it is possible to I D the tractor, some one said it can be done through engine, transmission, and rear axle nos. The pics show the engine no, but I have looked for a no on the transmission ,and on the axle, and have not found one, but I may not be looking hard enough ,or in the right places. I have had a lot of trouble finding spares, like when I relined the brakes there are two sets of linings to each drum, one set is the same lining as the 135, the other shoe is half the width, and I had to cut the 135 linings down in size, and re drill and counter sink the rivet holes, The back plate that had corroded to nothing on one side was a definite NO -NO, and I had to make one up to replace it. No one even seemed to of heard of dual linings, the narrow ones are worked by the hand brake lever seperately. I would also like to know if it is possible to find an original reg no; for the tractor if I can sought out the serial nos, Thanks for your time reading all this,Regards Colin.
SAM_3964.JPG
SAM_3968.JPG
SAM_3967.JPG
SAM_3964.JPGSAM_3968.JPGSAM_3967.JPG

/ Massey Ferguson dash Identification
Many thanks for your reply, I was thinking it was an industrial model ,due to the traces off yellow paint under the bonnet. It was painted over in the red ? grey livery before i got to own her. I am changing a duff water pump on her at present, and whilst the bonnet and tank are of her, I have been painting and rust curing what parts I can before reassembling, mainly to try to slow the dreaded rust bug a little so when she leaves my possession, and some one else want's to restore her , they will have a bit of the original tractor left to start with Lol. I think she has had a bad knock or even rolled, as when I came to take the panels of they where all a bit out of line here and there, as I can not afford new, I spent many hours tweeking them back to fit each other, and then when I started refitting the dash, and lower panel, the throttle lever was pressing hard against the dash panel, even with out the rubber grommet in, so that had to be re-aligned, bit now fit well, I could not source a top dash support bracket that had half corroded away, so that was another thing had to be fabricated and fitted, but dash is solid and sound now, and fuel tank is about to be re-installed, a new electric harness has been fitted as the old wiring was a home made effort al tapped together, and bare bits every where, I purchased a dynamo harness, and have fitted a lucas 17 ACR alternator, and mad up thw wiring harness to allow this, and it is all run in flexy conduit with the new harness, so if the next owner wishes to go back to an dynamo, there will be less problems for them, I have sorted some replacement dials for oil/temp/ fuel/ and an ammeter, so that's four instrument hole filled Lol, now thinking of running a volt meter along side to fill the fifth hole up. I will be changing the hydraulic oil, so when I do I can remove the PTO plate, and find out if she has a speedo drive in there, as one of the bolts is missing from the side plate, and I am wondering if at some time the angle drive got smashed off and some one has removed the top bolt, and used it to plug off the hole the speedo angle drive would of been,-[I am thinking it was to stop oil leaking from the lower hole?] --Time will tell on that one, although I have had no luck on finding a supplier of the angle drive in case I wanted to attempt reconnecting the speedo, that has no cable in it. I think some one had used the speedo cable to drive the tachometer, as this cable is miles too long to fit into the rear of the engine, and had seized up long ago, and broken, it was left lying in the back of the dash near the tachometer, but disconnected, I plan to remove it from the engine drive, and fit a shorter cable for the Tachometer, I have tried both the speedo, and tachometer, and the speedo works when a short drive cable is turn clockwise in the head, and the tachometer is good , but in reverse drive, so i believe some one had been using the old speedo cable to dive the tachometer with it coiled in a loop to save having to buy a cable. Any way I hope I have not bored you to sleep Lol, many thanks for your imput, best Regards colin

/ Massey Ferguson dash Identification #4  
Hi Colin
I agree yours is an MF 2135 but a MF 230 was also produced, I have a Ferguson FE industrial tractor with two sets of brakes but they are both the same shoes

I did some searches on the serial number and both these web sites might be of help

I cant see anything on your post to as were you live as variant of tractors can depend on where in the world you live

regards

Bob UK