Massey Ferguson GC1725M Backhoe CB65 Broken Joystick - Answers

/ Massey Ferguson GC1725M Backhoe CB65 Broken Joystick - Answers #1  

nouveauree

Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC1725
There have been many posts about the broken part on the joystick of the MFGC1725 backhoe CB65. Lots of questions about parts, fixes, etc, and it seems that you have to scroll through pages of comments before you get any info on the actual parts. So hopefully, this post provides some of the info as I just went through this.

It is a common issue for the joystick plate to break at the pivot point of where the joystick mounts. It is a fairly easy fix if you get the part. There are 2 part numbers that I have found:

1. The entire joystick that includes the plate is ACP0525790 and runs about $291. I'm not sure if this part includes the new modified plate or not, but would think so.

2. Although not all dealers could find this, mine did...and it is the part number just for the plate. ACP0525800 and runs about $117. This plate has been modified and is now much stronger as shown in the attached pictures, so hopefully will resolve the problem.

Remove the red plate (2 bolts), remove the rubber cover, remove the joystick from the plate (3 nuts), and remove the plate (2 Allen screws). The trickiest part is getting back on as you have to pivot around the 3 joystick attachments. I finally succeeded by putting the one link onto the plate first (the one that goes through the part that broke)...and turning the control joint connections slightly. Good luck.

Attachments

• Plate - Broken.jpg
    Plate - Broken.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 390
  • Plate - Comparison 1.jpg
    Plate - Comparison 1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 256
  • Plate - Comparison 2.jpg
    Plate - Comparison 2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 350
  • Plate - Comparison 3.jpg
    Plate - Comparison 3.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 312
  • Plate - Comparison 4.jpg
    Plate - Comparison 4.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 426
  • Plate Invoice.jpg
    Plate Invoice.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 394
Last edited:
   / Massey Ferguson GC1725M Backhoe CB65 Broken Joystick - Answers #2  
Thanks for posting this info

/ Massey Ferguson GC1725M Backhoe CB65 Broken Joystick - Answers #3  
My dealer finally came through! They were tired of hearing all of our complaints about these breaking. They found an after market solution that is solid aluminum (not cast), is much thicker, and even cheaper ($106).

Attachments

• 23517F2A-2093-47F1-BA35-6B50FBB00566.jpeg
    23517F2A-2093-47F1-BA35-6B50FBB00566.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 270
  • AAC49BE7-53E1-47F7-909B-052BD9B5E931.jpeg
    AAC49BE7-53E1-47F7-909B-052BD9B5E931.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 299
   / Massey Ferguson GC1725M Backhoe CB65 Broken Joystick - Answers #4  
where can I get this?

/ Massey Ferguson GC1725M Backhoe CB65 Broken Joystick - Answers #5  
There have been many posts about the broken part on the joystick of the MFGC1725 backhoe CB65. Lots of questions about parts, fixes, etc, and it seems that you have to scroll through pages of comments before you get any info on the actual parts. So hopefully, this post provides some of the info as I just went through this.

It is a common issue for the joystick plate to break at the pivot point of where the joystick mounts. It is a fairly easy fix if you get the part. There are 2 part numbers that I have found:

1. The entire joystick that includes the plate is ACP0525790 and runs about $291. I'm not sure if this part includes the new modified plate or not, but would think so.

2. Although not all dealers could find this, mine did...and it is the part number just for the plate. ACP0525800 and runs about $117. This plate has been modified and is now much stronger as shown in the attached pictures, so hopefully will resolve the problem.

Remove the red plate (2 bolts), remove the rubber cover, remove the joystick from the plate (3 nuts), and remove the plate (2 Allen screws). The trickiest part is getting back on as you have to pivot around the 3 joystick attachments. I finally succeeded by putting the one link onto the plate first (the one that goes through the part that broke)...and turning the control joint connections slightly. Good luck.
And that's after how many hours, it should last for the life of the backhoe in my book...

/ Massey Ferguson GC1725M Backhoe CB65 Broken Joystick - Answers
   / Massey Ferguson GC1725M Backhoe CB65 Broken Joystick - Answers
And that's after how many hours, it should last for the life of the backhoe in my book...
Well, it didn't and this seems to be a problem that they at least fixed.

/ Massey Ferguson GC1725M Backhoe CB65 Broken Joystick - Answers #8  
Are these valves used on any other BH's that anyone is aware of?