Massey Ferguson GC2410 with CB05 Backhoe and boom cylinder "hydraulic hose leaking"

/ Massey Ferguson GC2410 with CB05 Backhoe and boom cylinder "hydraulic hose leaking" #1  

MF RED in MT

Veteran Member
Tractor
MF GC2410
After reinstalling my backhoe last week, I discovered a hydraulic fluid leak from the boom cylinder hose that makes it's connection closes to the tractor.

The hose has a pinhole leak near the upper boom where the hose makes a 180 degree turn.

This hose has been rubbing near the squared off edge of the metal plate at the upper end of the boom assembly.

After my research regarding the 4 end connections, yesterday, I ordered 2 replacement hoses from DiscountHydraulicHose.com

I ordered 2- 1/4" SAE 100R16 Hydraulic Hoses, 80" long each.

All 4 ends are: Part # FJX-04-06W (1/4" Hose x 3/8" JIC 37 degree Female Swivel W Series).

I will give an update when I change out these hoses, and with luck I ordered them correctly.

Here's 2 pictures of the Dipper Hydraulic Cylinder's hose connection, and 2 pages of my CB05 Parts Catalog:

Maybe this information will help others ?

KC

Attachments

• CB05 Backhoe Dipper Hyd. Cylinder lower hose connection.jpg
    CB05 Backhoe Dipper Hyd. Cylinder lower hose connection.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 206
  • CB05 Backhoe Dipper Hyd. Cylinder upper hose connection .jpg
    CB05 Backhoe Dipper Hyd. Cylinder upper hose connection .jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 204
  • CB05 Backhoe Parts Catalog pg. 5 .jpg
    CB05 Backhoe Parts Catalog pg. 5 .jpg
    626.1 KB · Views: 237
  • CB05 Backhoe Parts Catalog pg. 6 .jpg
    CB05 Backhoe Parts Catalog pg. 6 .jpg
    698.5 KB · Views: 211
   / Massey Ferguson GC2410 with CB05 Backhoe and boom cylinder "hydraulic hose leaking" #2  
Thanks for the info...I will most likely have to do the same soon.
After reinstalling my backhoe last week, I discovered a hydraulic fluid leak from the boom cylinder hose that makes it's connection closes to the tractor.

The hose has a pinhole leak near the upper boom where the hose makes a 180 degree turn.

This hose has been rubbing near the squared off edge of the metal plate at the upper end of the boom assembly.

After my research regarding the 4 end connections, yesterday, I ordered 2 replacement hoses from DiscountHydraulicHose.com

I ordered 2- 1/4" SAE 100R16 Hydraulic Hoses, 80" long each.

All 4 ends are: Part # FJX-04-06W (1/4" Hose x 3/8" JIC 37 degree Female Swivel W Series).

I will give an update when I change out these hoses, and with luck I ordered them correctly.

Here's 2 pictures of the Dipper Hydraulic Cylinder's hose connection, and 2 pages of my CB05 Parts Catalog:

Maybe this information will help others ?

KC

/ Massey Ferguson GC2410 with CB05 Backhoe and boom cylinder "hydraulic hose leaking"
Ok, here's an update about the install from yesterday (sorry no pictures):

The 2 hoses and fitting ends I ordered were correct,
see post #1 (only difference from the MF was the wrench size for installing; MF=11/16", and new hoses=3/4").

I had also ordered a 3' piece of 1.54" I.D. nylon protection sleeve, $7.23 total (to help protect new hoses at the 180 degree bend).

This is the order I used for removal/installation of the new hoses:

1) I positioned the dipper parallel to the boom with the bucket opened all the way, and laid the backhoe on the ground.

2) I removed the hydraulic cylinder boom pin that holds the cylinder rod (used a floor jack to help find the sweet spot so this pin and the 1 dipper pin come out easy).

3) I fully retracted the booms hydraulic cylinder "rod" and shut off the tractor.

4) I relieved the hydraulic pressure using the joy stick for the FEL, then moved the backhoe controls to relieve anymore pressure (I did not disconnect the 3 backhoe hydraulic hoses from the tractor).

5) I removed the other pin holding the booms hydraulic cylinder in place.

6) I removed the backhoe "control levers removable panel" (6 bolts), and lifted it up, then loosened the jam nuts for the 2 outriggers control levers, and then unscrewed these 2 handles from the valve assembly so this panel can be fully removed.

7) I removed the 2 flat bar pieces (2 locations) that hold the all of the backhoe hydraulic hoses securely in place.

8) I removed the dipper cylinder pin just above the end of the boom, and raise it up with wood blocking under it which gave me access for my hand to the 180 degree turn).

9) I pulled the boom hydraulic cylinder towards the tractor in order to remove the 2 hydraulic hoses (placed shop paper towels under the first hose near the rod, and also a small container to catch the hydraulic fluid, approx 4 ounces), and removed the boom hydraulic cylinder from the tractor (also had a plastic oil catch pan on the ground under this work area).

10) The hose connection from the "rod end" of the booms hydraulic cylinder connects to the upper left hose of the valve assembly (if you were sitting in the seat and operating the backhoe).

11) The hose connection from the "cylinder end" of the booms hydraulic cylinder connects to the lower left hose of the valve assembly (if you were sitting in the seat and operating the backhoe).

12) I removed these 2 original equipment hydraulic hoses and discarded them in the trash.

13) I installed about 18" of the new nylon protective sleeve on the outside of the new 2 hoses for extra protection for the 180 degree turn.

14) I used a hand file to remove as much of the burr as I could at the 180 degree turn on the end of the boom.

15) I fished the 2 new hydraulic hoses in place, connected/tightened the fitting ends snug.

16) Reinstalled everything in reverse order, checked for leaks (none), added hydraulic fluid until it showed in the sight glass, and greased the backhoe.

Today I dug up about 10 stumps and put them on the burn pile, everything is working fine for now...

I hope this might help others with their GC's.

KC

/ Massey Ferguson GC2410 with CB05 Backhoe and boom cylinder "hydraulic hose leaking" #4  
I had the same issue, I shortened the hose and added a JIC 37 90 and a hose 90

Attachments

• 20221006_123754.jpg
    20221006_123754.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 76
   / Massey Ferguson GC2410 with CB05 Backhoe and boom cylinder "hydraulic hose leaking"
Glad you fixed your hydraulic leak.

It appears your leak might have been at the boom hydraulic cylinder.

My leaking hose was at the top of the boom (inside) where the hose makes a 180 degree turn and then comes back toward the backhoe controls.

KC