Massey GC1710 fitting leak

/ Massey GC1710 fitting leak #1  

Daffy828

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1710c
Hi there!

I have a Massey Ferguson 2017 GC 1710. Any suggestions on this fitting leak?
Is it a bad O ring...need to be tightened?

Thank you
DAFFY

Attachments

• IMG_20220707_162016897.jpg
    IMG_20220707_162016897.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 86
  • Massey Ferguson GC1710 leak.zip
    6.3 MB · Views: 63
   / Massey GC1710 fitting leak #2  
I can't be sure but from the picture it looks like just a leak between the base of the fitting and the first screw-threaded section. I doubt you need to do anything but tighten it up some. Of course go slow and see if you can give it a quarter turn or so (with a wrench on the base and on the first threaded section.) Turn until it "seems tight." Obviously do not turn so hard that you split/ruin the fitting.

/ Massey GC1710 fitting leak #3  
I can't be sure but from the picture it looks like just a leak between the base of the fitting and the first screw-threaded section. I doubt you need to do anything but tighten it up some. Of course go slow and see if you can give it a quarter turn or so (with a wrench on the base and on the first threaded section.) Turn until it "seems tight." Obviously do not turn so hard that you split/ruin the fitting.
looks that way to me also.

/ Massey GC1710 fitting leak #4  
Tighten down or take the QC off the fitting, clean it up and Teflon tape it.

/ Massey GC1710 fitting leak #5  
Took me a while to see the leak

Yes, there is a seal in that flitting

This is for the FL1805, might be different for your FEL

fel-hoses.jpg

/ Massey GC1710 fitting leak #6  
Took me a while to see the leak

Yes, there is a seal in that flitting

This is for the FL1805, might be different for your FEL

View attachment 754191
That's a messed up trick by Massey, my 1705 FEL is only pipe threads, no o-rings.

/ Massey GC1710 fitting leak #7  
That's a messed up trick by Massey, my 1705 FEL is only pipe threads, no o-rings.
I just looked at the parts for the DL100 loader, which is what I think was used on the older GC1705/1710, and you are correct. No seals, just threads that you need to put sealant of some kind on. So your previous comment was correct. Take them apart, clean them up and put thread sealant on em and put them back together.

/ Massey GC1710 fitting leak #8  
Probably BPT (British Pipe Threaded) to boot... Had similar issue of thread size/type when replacing a hose on my DL 95 FEL...

/ Massey GC1710 fitting leak #9  
I use "Loctite 545" thread sealant on my GC2410 hydraulic fittings that require a sealant.

KC