massey loader valve

/ massey loader valve #1  

hernando

Silver Member
Tractor
dk 4510 kioti and a 450 case track loader
Has anyone ever rebuilt a loader vavle on a 1540 massey ferguson ?? it started sticking on the dump and on the down position...i was at a machine shop and they repair machine shop equipment that has alot of hydraulic parts on it ...they said sometimes a good cleaning will do the fix.. any ideas ??? if i cant do it myself they said they would do it if i remove it .. thanks for any help , bruce

/ massey loader valve #2  
Has anyone ever rebuilt a loader valve on a 1540 Massey Ferguson ?? it started sticking on the dump and on the down position...i was at a machine shop and they repair machine shop equipment that has alot of hydraulic parts on it ...they said sometimes a good cleaning will do the fix.. any ideas ??? if i cant do it myself they said they would do it if i remove it .. thanks for any help , bruce

It all depends on whether you want to pay the labor rate of $40 to $60 per hour, or attempt it yourself. A good cleaning would probably help. I would try and get a parts manual for the valve, and be careful of where the springs and balls come out of which holes. Make sure you put the spools back in the same barrel it came from. If it has o-rings, replace all of them. If you take it all apart, you will have to reset the relief valve.

/ massey loader valve #3  
Bruce,
Sometimes valve spools and bodies will warp a little bit causing the spool to get a sticky spot. I take the spool out and polish it on the lathe until it travels normally through the body. Most of the times, it works like a charm.
Andy

/ massey loader valve #4  
Another thing is, if you over torque the mounting bolts on a valve, you could warp it.

/ massey loader valve
thanks for the help...can you get a manual on just the valve ?? thanks bruce

/ massey loader valve #6  
thanks for the help...can you get a manual on just the valve ?? thanks bruce

Probably, if you have a manufacture name on it , or talk to the parts guy at your tractor place. If you are doing this long distance, he might be able to fax, or email you a parts break down. There are also other forums to a specific tractor that might be of some help.