Comparison Massey or Kubota

/ Massey or Kubota #31  
New holland and Massey Ferguson lesser known ? What country do you live in Tom Seller ?

/ Massey or Kubota #32  
New holland and Massey Ferguson lesser known ? What country do you live in Tom Seller ?

I live in USA, the OP lives in New South Wales, Australia. I don't know of any country where MF and NH are better known for their resale value on CUTs. Certainly not in the USA and from what I read, not in Australia. Which countries do MF and NH exceed Deere and Kubota in resale on CUTs?

As far as CUT tractors go in general, NH and MF and nowhere near as well known as Kubota, Deere or even Koiti in my opinion in the USA. Maybe in big ag, but not CUTs.

/ Massey or Kubota #33  
Owned two India made tractors, A Case IH 55a. Had so many issues with Neutral Safety Switches that I carried 2 in my tool box. If you dismount a tractor often the 55a is a terrible choice. Need the emergency brake set, the range and trans both in N. There is also a NSS on the PTO and a pressure switch on the seat. I hate all this crap. Tractor was split at 40 hours for a main seal leak that was caused by a burr in the casting. Had a hydraulic leak also. All covered by warranty but my time to deal with this stuff the most costly.

Bought a 2615. Made in India. Tractor has corrosion on it from the barge trip to the USA, fit and finish not good, hood issue, and a back light broke in half when I lowered the ROPS down and let it drop the last 12" against a rubber stopper. Components are cheap IMO. I love the looks and the size (robust) weighs close to #5600 if I remember right. Also like the fact that it is simple and has only one NSS on the F-R shuttle and of course the PTO. If the shuttle is in Neutral you can dismount and you also can stand up while in motion to stretch the back. At 20 hours the starter went and was replaced by a service call to my property (brand new starter). I had a fuel leak off the injectors and tightened most of the fuel fittings which were not tight. I went and put a wrench on other random fasteners and found some finger tight. When the starter would not engage on another occasion It ran the battery dead before I could get a wrench on the battery terminal. The tractor is a poor starter below 30F and should always be plugged in. The case IH started way better even in temps in the teens without being plugged in. I liked the Perkins engine in the Massey and the 540 rated PTO at a low 1790 RPM but I have no faith in the India build anymore. Will give this one more shot with a Iseki built Massey. Hopefully I am not disappointed. Reliability is number one in my book. I am very remote and if my tractor doesn't start or if it quits because of a NSS failure I am walking a lot of miles and swatting mosquito's. Unacceptable

/ Massey or Kubota #35  
Like the OP, I am down to choosing Kubota or Massey in half a year or so. I am probably not the only one looking forward to reports of your new Iseki-built tractor, onceacop. TSO seems well pleased with his, and he's working it hard.

/ Massey or Kubota #36  
   / Massey or Kubota #37  
Like the OP, I am down to choosing Kubota or Massey in half a year or so. I am probably not the only one looking forward to reports of your new Iseki-built tractor, onceacop. TSO seems well pleased with his, and he's working it hard.

Yes indeed, I read many of his (TSO) posts and he has helped steer my decision. I almost went JD.

/ Massey or Kubota #38  
!cid__IMG_20140629_183134580_HDR_.jpg

This Massey probably would be a great tractor when/if the glitches are worked out, I need a cab and loader though with the recent sale of a skid steer. The 2615 is a sharp tractor

/ Massey or Kubota #39  
That is sharp. With no loader fitted, what is the tall lever that would fall at your right hand?
Jim

/ Massey or Kubota #40  
That is sharp. With no loader fitted, what is the tall lever that would fall at your right hand?
Jim

The gear shifter, it's rather long and clunky but is synchronized and you can smoothly shift up and down using the clutch in motion. When cold this lever is quite stiff