Max 28 100 hour service

/ Max 28 100 hour service #1  

mitchash

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra MAX 28XL, Jinma 254 (Sold)
It's time for my Max 28 to get its 100 hour service. I have done everything except the hydro/hydraulic oil. I need to find enough pans to collect the 23 quarts of oil. Is there a screen in the transmission that needs to be cleaned? I know the Kubotas at work have a screen. I also found out the front axle takes the same hydraulic oil. When I first bought it the shop said the front axle took 80/90 gear oil. But since we live in the northeast and it gets so cold here the factory recommends using the hydraulic oil in the front axle. I use all the Mahindra oils and filters since it's still under warranty.

/ Max 28 100 hour service #3  
My tractor holds 8 gallons. I have 3 drain plugs, drain each rear axle one at a time. Then I drain the main tranny plug. I know its somewhat messy but I drain so much out then quickly put the plug back in just enough to stop the flow. I don't like trying to maneuver a big container around full of oil, plus its easier to put it in the waste oil container.

/ Max 28 100 hour service
I never thought about those cheap totes! Great idea! Thanks!

/ Max 28 100 hour service
I didn't notice anything in the manual about cleaning the transmission screen. Anyone clean the screen in there Max 28?