Max bush hog on MWFD 5610 with loader

/ Max bush hog on MWFD 5610 with loader #1  

sawtooth

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford NAA, Ford 2810, Ford 3910-1, Ford 3910-2, Ford 4600SU, Massey 2660 HD, Massey 461, Grasshopper 725D, Grasshopper 900D
Guys, I'm looking at a used RCF3672 Land pride cutter which is rated for 60-190hp tractor. My 5610 is rated at the low end of 62 pto hp. Would like to have the 4" cutting capacity but can my tractor handle this much cutter? Thank you

/ Max bush hog on MWFD 5610 with loader #2  
I run a Brown 472 with my 4610 SU and Workmaster 50. The Brown weighs around 1100# and the LP weighs around 1300#. I have no trouble at all turning the Brown with either tractor. The only issue I had was the front end getting light on the SU. I remedied that with weights.

Your 5610 has a longer wheel base, more weight, and more horsepower than either of my tractors. You will have no issues at all.

I take that back. You WILL punctures tires in areas that are woody. When I got the Brown I hogged some overgrown pasture and cut a bunch of pine saplings that were actually small trees. Even going in the same direction and using extreme care I still had issues with tire punctures. I remedied that issue on the SU front tires by purchasing aircraft units from Gensco. They weren't cheap but have been excellent.

/ Max bush hog on MWFD 5610 with loader
Good point. Also new blades make it worse as they sharply cut trees leaving more of a edge. As they dull you will see more of ragged cut which seems to protect the tires better. Thanks