Max26 hst hydraulic ?

/ Max26 hst hydraulic ? #1  

sliderbuck

Bronze Member
Tractor
2023 Kubota l4060
Does anyone know if the max26 has a strainer anywhere on the system? I just did a complete service but didnt see one anywhere.

/ Max26 hst hydraulic ? #2  
I did one yesterday as well. i did not see one, off hand how much fluid did you get out? i got a little under 4.5 gallons (not 6 like the book said) called a dealer, said it was normal.

book also said something about front axle pivot grease joint. i couldn't find it, only the 4 on the pedal linkages and the tierods and balljoint ends.

/ Max26 hst hydraulic ?
I used roughly 22-24 quarts on mine. On the rear end theres 3 plugs to take out to get all the fluid out.

/ Max26 hst hydraulic ?
Same with me on the grease fittings.

/ Max26 hst hydraulic ? #5  
I used roughly 26 gallons on mine. On the rear end theres 3 plugs to take out to get all the fluid out.

yea, pretty sure you didn't use 26 gallons, the book says 24 quarts which is what i assumed you mean, although it sounds like your overfilled. you did check the fluid after it was warmed up and then drained for abit? if you check it cold, its vastly overfilled, as i found out the hard way.

/ Max26 hst hydraulic ?
yea, pretty sure you didn't use 26 gallons, the book says 24 quarts which is what i assumed you mean, although it sounds like your overfilled. you did check the fluid after it was warmed up and then drained for abit? if you check it cold, its vastly overfilled, as i found out the hard way.

Yeah i edited it lol. I bought 26 quarts worth and still have a few quarts left in the 5 gallon bucket. Level is fine.

/ Max26 hst hydraulic ? #7  
Yeah i edited it lol. I bought 26 quarts worth and still have a few quarts left in the 5 gallon bucket. Level is fine.

my fluid wasn't exactly warm. but i pulled everything. not sure.

/ Max26 hst hydraulic ? #8  
book also said something about front axle pivot grease joint. i couldn't find it, only the 4 on the pedal linkages and the tierods and balljoint ends.
Same number of fittings.
The pedal shafts (2, left and right) have two fittings each.

The front axle uses two massive bearings, not the typical pin/sleeve. This might be why there isn't grease fittings? I reached all around, none found.

Last edited: