Maxed Out The Hydraulics On This Project....

/ Maxed Out The Hydraulics On This Project.... #21  
I really like your deck. Nice job and an amazing setting. I look at that deck and think that's where I want to be. When I see your concrete slab, I think, that sure would be a better view if it wasn't there. My vote is to do what your wife suggests. :)

Eddie

/ Maxed Out The Hydraulics On This Project.... #22  
Absolutely beautiful place you have there. Nice work on the deck. I could see having a little pavilion on the slab, maybe a fire pit of some kind, but I can see the wife's point too. That's the best kind of decision to have, win either way.

Having the right equipment makes things SO much easier.

I hate to derail a thread, but since you're a pecan expert, maybe a little detour would be OK to answer a question: When pecans fall off the tree and the husk hasn't popped off, i.e., is stuck firmly to the shell, how do you remove it?

/ Maxed Out The Hydraulics On This Project....
Commercially we use a pecan cleaner as pictured below to remove stubborn husks off healthy pecans. In most cases though blackened husks that stick to the pecan are caused by Pecan scab (Cladosporium caryigenum) and this ruins the pecan meat on the inside. In areas of high humidity, high rain and non resistant pecan varieties this can be a huge problem even if fungicide sprays are used.
Pecan Cleaner 001.jpg

For those that are following this thread here is a picture of the new barn, some 200 feet away, which has replaced the older barn already torn down where the concrete slab now sits....
New Barn 011314 002.jpg

/ Maxed Out The Hydraulics On This Project.... #25  
Nice looking building!! Are you able to get all your equipment under cover? I like the front porch that should enable you to work inside during rain storms without having to the close doors and help with shade during hot summer.

/ Maxed Out The Hydraulics On This Project.... #26  
I still like the BBQ under a pavilion Idea. BBQ in the rain with no one getting wet. Less grass to mow. Party people further from the house. But you have to win that arm wrestling contest!! Good luck with that. In my case I usually lose! Something about the way they look at you they distract you then the next thing you know you have lost.

Nice looking building!! Are you able to get all your equipment under cover? I like the front porch that should enable you to work inside during rain storms without having to the close doors and help with shade during hot summer.

Yes I can fit all of my tractor equipment, two tractors, pick up truck, 2 riding lawn mowers, electric fork lift etc. and still have space left over. I have another similar barn on the property for working on my antique cars. I also bit the bullet and installed some commercial shelving in one corner of the new barn to get stuff vertically out of the way. You know, the stuff you may only use once a year.....or never!
New Barn 010314 001.jpg
New Barn 010314 002.jpg
PS- I looked up your web site and WOW, what a beautiful horse stable/property! It looks like a picture post card of heaven on earth. Once you get your 3050 working properly it will think it is royalty working in such a environment.

/ Maxed Out The Hydraulics On This Project.... #28  
Looks great inside I especially like those skylights to let daylight in I think they work better than the sidelight panels on mine. I bought some used pallet racks that I put on each side of mine for the same reason. Boy does it save a lot of room. I'm able to get the 4 tractors the shovel dozer and a fleet of 4 golf carts in our storage section to the right along with a lot of 3 pt attachments that I keep against the rear wall and on the racks some of which I wonder if I'll ever use again. The boss says all I do is keep on acquiring stuff so I had to put up one of those Quonset type tents to put more under cover. I don't think there is a picture of the shop on the website but if you look at one of the pictures of our 3050 you can see it in the background.

/ Maxed Out The Hydraulics On This Project.... #29  
Thanks for the compliment on the farm. It's been over 30 years in the making and a lot of work. Hopefully I'll get the 3050 back soon. It's now been a week with out it here which makes things a little more difficult I have to use the bigger tractor for everything it is suppose to do. I'll post on the other thread when I really know what's going on with it.