May pull the trigger tomorrow on a new RTV 900

/ May pull the trigger tomorrow on a new RTV 900 #11  
I've got about a mile of trails that I check on every week. Then haul equipment to maintain them as needed. I also have a small 4 wheel wagon I tow when I'm cutting brush or small trees.

/ May pull the trigger tomorrow on a new RTV 900
Ok I share my first impressions with the machine.

First off, I’ll confess I took a terrible chance. I didn’t even saw it before I bought and obviously didn’t started it nor test drived it either !!!

I fully relied on Kubota’s reputation and on the information I could get on the net and obviously here on TBN. STUPID but that’s what I did.

I was fearful about 2 things: operation noise level and speed. I have to say I like my L3800 but it is very noisy and as fast as a sleeping turtle. Kubota’s seller told me, It wouldn’t be the same story….I knew my wife doen’t touch my tractor for those 2 reasons…

Then the machine arrived this morning and the Kubota’s rep turned it on. My god the noise level was very good and the engine was running smoothly. Nothing compared to my tractor.

Then I test drived it around, again nothing to compare with my tractor. Speed looks good for my needs at first glance .

So far it passed the tests and I am totally happy. It feels solid as a rock.

/ May pull the trigger tomorrow on a new RTV 900 #13  

First off, I’ll confess I took a terrible chance. I didn’t even saw it before I bought and obviously didn’t started it nor test drived it either !!!

I fully relied on Kubota’s reputation and on the information I could get on the net and obviously here on TBN. STUPID but that’s what I did.

I was fearful about 2 things: operation noise level and speed. I have to say I like my L3800 but it is very noisy and as fast as a sleeping turtle. Kubota’s seller told me, It wouldn’t be the same story….I knew my wife doen’t touch my tractor for those 2 reasons…

Then the machine arrived this morning and the Kubota’s rep turned it on. My god the noise level was very good and the engine was running smoothly. Nothing compared to my tractor.

Then I test drived it around, again nothing to compare with my tractor. Speed looks good for my needs at first glance .

”Solid as a rock“
Thats a good description, I agree!
I‘m sure I don’t see the amount of snow that you do, but I will tell you mine plows snow very well. I use my winch to raise and lower the plow.
I use it for all my firewood hauling, I tow a 5’x10’ trailer, and tend to really load it down. I have needed the winch to pull myself up a steep incline while heavily loaded at times (In the woods).
Be sure to make a habit of setting the brake every time you get off the RTV. Do not rely on shutting down just in gear.
Mine will walk away on its own if I forget to set the parking brake. Engine compression is not enough to hold it on even a slight incline.

Mike

/ May pull the trigger tomorrow on a new RTV 900 #14  
Hav

Have the same combo... L3800 and one of the first 900

Both do a lot of work at the tree farm.

Tractor zero repairs... RTV just replaced radiator...

After 2-3 days, still very impressed by the machine and I realize how an improvement is a UTV over an ATV. Much more versatile and pleasurable.

The only « negative » thing I have to signal is the shifter. A litlle bit tricky so far.

/ May pull the trigger tomorrow on a new RTV 900 #16  
After 2-3 days, still very impressed by the machine and I realize how an improvement is a UTV over an ATV. Much more versatile and pleasurable.

The only « negative » thing I have to signal is the shifter. A litlle bit tricky so far.
I had hoped Kubota had solved the shifter issues on newer machines. I have trouble with shifting if I’m on an incline loaded. For instance if I need to downshift due to climbing a slope/hill. I’ve learned to deal with it, I come to a complete stop and let the rpms fall to idle, still takes more pressure on the shifter than I’d like.
Mike

Hey, seems like a couple of us have the combo L3800/3901 and X900 !!

/ May pull the trigger tomorrow on a new RTV 900 #19  
Yep…

/ May pull the trigger tomorrow on a new RTV 900 #20  
Thanks all.

I suspect my wife is going to use it very often indeed. She likes to have a small outside fire burning and she hates using a trailer to bring firewood. We also have numerous holes to be filled in our trails all across the woodlot. She is already planning to give a hand about that. And she says I spend to much time removing snow in the winter so she wishes I’ll buy a plow for the new RTV for she can help me. Good lady she is !!

Would be interesting if you could share the tasks you guys are using it for ??
I encourage you to get a plow. I plow over a mile of hilly dirt roads to my home and although I have a F350 with a 9' plow, my go-to plow is my X1100c with a 6.6' Boss V-plow. I plowed with my X900 for 7 years and loved it so much (11,000 miles) I sold it to purchase the X1100C that has heat! Love it. The worksite tires are the best, but I do put chains on the rear if we have an ice storm. The V-plow is great for breaking up the ice layer - acts like an ice breaker!