Maybe a new truck Ford or Dodge?

/ Maybe a new truck Ford or Dodge? #242  
   / Maybe a new truck Ford or Dodge? #243  
Which is EXACTLY what happened to that Ram owner. She tried to get it repaired BEFORE the big trip and the dealer made promises that didn't happen. Then, on the big trip, her RAM puked it's CP4 pump. I thought you said they were all fixed? She knew it was common sense to get it fixed BEFORE the trip. She knows not to trust Ram now I guess.

To leave on a long trip with a pump that she was told was defective only makes her stupid. And if you are going to throw Ram under the bus for that example, and we don’t even know if it’s true, I would call that desperation. :ROFLMAO:

Also, it shows if that’s what you think is bad about the pump situation, Ford is letting that happen to all their trucks with CP-4 pumps.

/ Maybe a new truck Ford or Dodge? #244  
To leave on a long trip with a pump that she was told was defective only makes her stupid. And if you are going to throw Ram under the bus for that example, and we don’t even know if it’s true, I would call that desperation. :ROFLMAO:

Also, it shows if that’s what you think is bad about the pump situation, Ford is letting that happen to all their trucks with CP-4 pumps.
Maybe ford owners just know how to prevent the problem in the first place. Kind of like not needing abortions because we know how to prevent the problem before drastic measures need to be taken.

:cool:

/ Maybe a new truck Ford or Dodge? #245  
I'm thinking that Stellantis put out a big PR campaign about these CP4 pumps to try to stay out of the courts. :unsure: I'm sure some people got suckered into believing it. Will it work? How did it work with the ecodiesel? Only time will tell which way of handling this fiasco was the smart way.

/ Maybe a new truck Ford or Dodge? #246  
Maybe ford owners just know how to prevent the problem in the first place. Kind of like not needing abortions because we know how to prevent the problem before drastic measures need to be taken.

:cool:
My cousin that runs an equipment rental business owns a ford and changes the fuel filter at EVERY oil change. He has always had good luck but does spend money on maintenance.

/ Maybe a new truck Ford or Dodge? #247  
How did it work with the ecodiesel?
It seems like Ecodiesel owners are fanatical, cult members if you will. Unlikely to see anything wrong through their rose colored glasses no matter what happens.

That guy I know had his at a dealer for about six months as they replaced one sensor after another. And he saw nothing wrong with that - since parts and labor were free (under warranty).

/ Maybe a new truck Ford or Dodge? #248  
My cousin that runs an equipment rental business owns a ford and changes the fuel filter at EVERY oil change. He has always had good luck but does spend money on maintenance.
I put maybe 3000 miles a year on mine, and very rarely drive it in the winter. I change them every year along with the oil.

Never had a problem.

/ Maybe a new truck Ford or Dodge? #249  
All I can say is the CP-4 pump is all behind me now. It was easy, seamless, and covered.
I applaud Stellantis for the way it was handled- the right way, and as long as they keep building trucks like my 2020, I won’t change.
My son is hoping to buy a Ram soon. Loves mine.
Smart kid. ;)

/ Maybe a new truck Ford or Dodge? #250  
So yesterday i traded the Sprinter in.. Came home with the Tundra Limited.. Drove it today for the first significant duration.. First impression is that it drives nice, ..feels light.. Decent power. respectable economy at 18mpg.. Seats are comfortable enough.. If it remains trouble free, Ill probably keep it for 3 years.