Me and my Bota gotta love it!!

/ Me and my Bota gotta love it!! #1  

Barryh

Veteran Member
Harpers Ferry WV - Mountains of Shannondale
Tractor
Former owner of a P T -180 / Kubota BX-1500 .. A Craftsman Yard Tractor / John Deere 140 H-1 / Cub Cadet 108. And now ( Little Red ) a Power Trac 1425
Don't know what I would do with out er . We felled a few trees yesterday, will make for some nice firewood for my friends and neighbors. Two trees out front and one around the back I'm still working so far I've been stung 3 different times :cool: When the trees came down it must have sturred up an under ground yellow jackets nest...:rolleyes:

Attachments

• 555.jpg
    555.jpg
    420.2 KB · Views: 633
  • 444.jpg
    444.jpg
    407.3 KB · Views: 374
  • 333.jpg
    333.jpg
    388.8 KB · Views: 686
  • 222.jpg
    222.jpg
    424.1 KB · Views: 312
  • 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    414.1 KB · Views: 618
   / Me and my Bota gotta love it!! #2  
Looks like a good job done, work, but fun too. Looks like your BX is still giving you good service too. Thanks for sharing the photos of what you have been up to.

/ Me and my Bota gotta love it!!
Looks like a good job done, work, but fun too. Looks like your BX is still giving you good service too. Thanks for sharing the photos of what you have been up to.
Thanks..Chuck was the perfect day for it weather in the 70's a little breeze going. Sometimes work feels more like play. My BX was used when I bought it, a 2005. I think the last owner just ran it and didn't do much in the way of maintenance. So far I've replaced 5 hydraulic lines and rebuilt part of the front axle, changed out all of the fluids. Other than that she runs great. I'll tell you, the BX may be small but it has a lot of heart. With out my tractor I know my back would be killing me about now. ;)

Yes thanks for the photos, You have a lovely home!
Thanks for the compliment our place is still a work in progress. Next year will be doing a lot of landscaping with the little tractor. This is the fourth tree I've had to take down the ants and wood beetles are having a field day.

I will be looking into ways of stopping them this spring. It's hard to tell until the trees start dying from the top down by then it's usually to late.:rolleyes:

/ Me and my Bota gotta love it!! #6  
Great work there and yes, working with your Bota is fun, in some profound, primal way! :D:D

Couldn't help but notice in the photos that you have turfs on the back and Ags on the front. Assuming it came that way from the previous owner? Maybe someone else could answer this better, but I might be a wee bit concerned about this mismatch on the drive train. At first blush, just first blush, the grip would be quite different. Wondering if this might cause some issues with sync mismatch wear and tear?

Best wishes with your gorgeous property and your new "helper".

Great work there and yes, working with your Bota is fun, in some profound, primal way! :D:D

Couldn't help but notice in the photos that you have turfs on the back and Ags on the front. Assuming it came that way from the previous owner? Maybe someone else could answer this better, but I might be a wee bit concerned about this mismatch on the drive train. At first blush, just first blush, the grip would be quite different. Wondering if this might cause some issues with sync mismatch wear and tear?

Best wishes with your gorgeous property and your new "helper".
I knew it wouldn't be long before someone called me on that ;)
I do most of my driving on the lawn and in the back woods and 95% of the time in 2 wheel drive. I have a brand new set of turfs and a used set of bars. I did measure the circumference around and, they are exactly the same, but as you mentioned I am still not too comfortable with it. The reason is I like the stiffer ply tire in the front less sag when going off camber and it digs in much better when in 4x4. I would like to find a nice set of R4's for a compromise but, have not been able to locate any in my size online.. I do find the turf's get much better traction when plowing my driveway.

/ Me and my Bota gotta love it!! #8  
Hey Barry

Unfortunately, Kubota doesn't offer R4 for the BX1850, 1850 series. I believe, and correct me if I am wrong, the BX1500 also comes with the smaller 24" rears and 16" fronts? Turfs or Ags, that's it.

/ Me and my Bota gotta love it!! #9  
I'm sort of curious why you have the bucket wayy up in the air like that, is it good practise for shooting hoops tossing blocks up there??
Seriously though, nice place and good to be able to use your toys, err tools. I always get those mixed up:D.

/ Me and my Bota gotta love it!! #10  
brandoro I'm sort of curious why you have the bucket wayy up in the air like that, is it good practise for shooting hoops tossing blocks up there??

Come on, Man, he's showing off his mighty Bota, of course!! :D:D