Meadows of Dan Farm Service

/ Meadows of Dan Farm Service #11  
I don't know the last year Ford sold riding lawnmowers, 1990, maybe?? I'd guess there are about 30 there, brand new. Should be interesting.

/ Meadows of Dan Farm Service #12  
thanks for posting about the auction. only 1/2 an hour away.

/ Meadows of Dan Farm Service #13  
What's going on with all these dealers closing up? I thought the ag economy was strong right now. Or is it just guys ready to retire and no market to sell their business? Or are the manufacturers like NH and JD not renewing or canceling their dealer franchise contracts? Seems like a not good thing for consumers in more ways than one.
one thing that's has created a problem is the company's like NH-JD and kabota they will not allow you to sell the competition equiptment on the same lot. the Wytheville dealer sold NH and kabota and NHtold him he would have to decide weather he wanted to sell orange or blue and he told them to get the he**** off his property. sorry took so long to respond I forget to come to this forum. got a bad habbit of just checking today's post

/ Meadows of Dan Farm Service #14  
I don't know the whole story in this case, but the owner is in his mid 70s. I don't think anyone in his family wants to continue the business. Maybe after the sale of all this inventory, (there is lots of inventory) the value of the business will be low enough that someone will buy the place.
It was a successful dealership, and I'm sure it could be again, no matter what brand of tractor was sold there.

/ Meadows of Dan Farm Service #15  
I hear that those 555 TLB's are new old stock as well, any truth to that?

/ Meadows of Dan Farm Service #16  
I hear that those 555 TLB's are new old stock as well, any truth to that?
ther is a lot of new old stock here I talked to a fried who used to be a rep for ford= nh afew years ago and this company paid for all their stock on delivery and did not pertisapate in dealer swap. he said their were only 2 dealers in the area he served like that the other was in south carolinia.

/ Meadows of Dan Farm Service #19  
18% internet buyer's premium, 3 days to load out and absolutely no loading assistance. Not my kind of auction.

That is absolutely ridiculous. What a joke. If they were always that hard to deal with I'm surprised they've lasted this long.