Meanwhile, across the pond...

/ Meanwhile, across the pond... #2  
Bravo for them!

I think all farmers should go on strike for 6 months or so...maybe then people will realize that farmers produce the food, it doesn't just magically appear in a grocery store.

/ Meanwhile, across the pond... #3  
We've got the same problem down here. A very left/green leaning government who now seem intent on killing the dairying industry. Despite the fact that the country was largely built on the back of the dairy industry. Dairying makes up 3.5% of GDP, and of the dairy exporting countries we are the top exporter with 19% of world market. Next country down is Germany at 9.8%. USA is 5th with 5.6%.
The green gubberment want all waterways/rivers/creeks swim-able by 20?? So farmers are having to fence off all lakes rivers etc to prevent stock from walking in it/drinking from it. Any fertiliser/milking shed effluent must be treated and not allowed to leech into any waterway. Fines range in the hundred of thousands of dollars.
And then there's the sheep. Back in 1982 we had 70milliom but now we're down to only 40million. They and the cattle all fart ! ! !

/ Meanwhile, across the pond... #4  
People need to stop taking farmers for granted...no famers no food.

/ Meanwhile, across the pond... #6  
We've got the same problem down here. A very left/green leaning government who now seem intent on killing the dairying industry. Despite the fact that the country was largely built on the back of the dairy industry. Dairying makes up 3.5% of GDP, and of the dairy exporting countries we are the top exporter with 19% of world market. Next country down is Germany at 9.8%. USA is 5th with 5.6%.
The green gubberment want all waterways/rivers/creeks swim-able by 20?? So farmers are having to fence off all lakes rivers etc to prevent stock from walking in it/drinking from it. Any fertiliser/milking shed effluent must be treated and not allowed to leech into any waterway. Fines range in the hundred of thousands of dollars.
And then there's the sheep. Back in 1982 we had 70milliom but now we're down to only 40million. They and the cattle all fart ! ! !

You really do need to bulk up that sheep heard.
40 million is not enough.
I love lamb!
I ate NZ lamb just last night!

/ Meanwhile, across the pond... #7  
Correction I miscounted We now only have 39,999,999 sheep.

/ Meanwhile, across the pond... #8  
   / Meanwhile, across the pond... #9  
Nah I was wide awake. just miscounted the one that fried1765 ate