Medicare Prescription Drug Plan????

/ Medicare Prescription Drug Plan???? #1  

gotrocks

Platinum Member
Tractor
B-2910 delivered 8/23/01
Any other old folks (or young ones) /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif out there with advice regarding the MPDP?
Have you found an easy way to compare plans?
I had found one site and printed out three plans to compare. Went to my local pharmacy and he did not have info from HUMANA so could not offer advice.
I called HUMANA and they tell me they cannot send to pharmacy unless he calls and ask for it. They offered to send me packet but it would not have pharmacy info. I told them to forget it since my pharmacy does not have time to call every provider to ask for packets. He already has info from other companies offering MPDPs.

Thanks in advance for any help in comparing the plans. My 97 year old mother is running out of money.

/ Medicare Prescription Drug Plan???? #2  
The best place I have found for information so far for my mother is www.medicare.gov. I was able to look up the plans available in my mother area. Then check to see what pharmacies are available with that plan. Only had to type in her zip code. If your mother is running out of money she may be able to apply for assistance from SS.
I'm glad I do not have to make a decision at this time. It sure is confusing, all the plans that are available and which one will save the most money. My wife and I have a letter from my former employer that states they offer a plan at least as good as Medicare D. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Medicare Prescription Drug Plan???? #3  
Ron, I guess I'm in about the same situation. We currently have Humana's drug prescription plan, Medicare, and the AARP medigap insurance on me, and Humana's PPO plan for my wife, which includes the prescription plan. Next year my former employer will be going back to United Health Care, basically the same plan, and they claim theirs is at least as good, or better, than the other plans. If I'm not mistaken, there are 47 plans available from 25 companies in Texas, and I've not been able to find out any details from any of them. I don't think they expected us old folks to understand any of that mess. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Medicare Prescription Drug Plan???? #4  
ronjhall,

Be careful about the information you glean from Medicare's site. There are many inaccuracies! Pharmacy's that have contracts executed are NOT all listed!

Kevin in Kansas

/ Medicare Prescription Drug Plan???? #5  
Haven't waded thru all the govt garble, but do know that some of my mothers meds will possibly be 3X higher than they are now, how's that for lookin out for the seniors intrests? /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif