Medium and large square balers, duds and outstanding models?

/ Medium and large square balers, duds and outstanding models? #1  

buickanddeere

Tractor
Deere, several
Is there any particular make and or model of medium square baler that is poor design and will never be reliable?
Any medium square balers that are vastly superior to the average baler?

/ Medium and large square balers, duds and outstanding models? #2  
A Massey Ferguson must be fairly good. I saw one baling wheat straw at my neighbors a few days back. operator was going 12 mph baling a 30 ft combine cut windrow. They baled 180 acres in 6 hrs but I have no idea how many bales per acre.

Attachments

• MVC-263F.JPG
    MVC-263F.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 302
   / Medium and large square balers, duds and outstanding models? #3  
A Massey Ferguson must be fairly good. I saw one baling wheat straw at my neighbors a few days back. operator was going 12 mph baling a 30 ft combine cut windrow. They baled 180 acres in 6 hrs but I have no idea how many bales per acre.

Holy cow! 12 mph... I'd have to peel my forehead off the roof of the cab runnin' in my fields that fast!

AKfish

/ Medium and large square balers, duds and outstanding models? #4  
Holy cow! 12 mph... I'd have to peel my forehead off the roof of the cab runnin' in my fields that fast!

AKfish

Amen, also surprised the pick-up on any baler would allow travel speeds that fast.

/ Medium and large square balers, duds and outstanding models?
We have tractors that won't do 12mph in road gear.

/ Medium and large square balers, duds and outstanding models? #6  
Is there any particular make and or model of medium square baler that is poor design and will never be reliable?
Any medium square balers that are vastly superior to the average baler?

Rather than brand bashing, I'll just say that anything built by Hesston (including all the rebranded flavors over the last 20 years or so) are head & shoulders above the industry as a whole.

Haying at 12 MPH isn't a big deal given a decent sized field and an operation that can and will prepare a good seedbed.

/ Medium and large square balers, duds and outstanding models? #7  
Around here Deere was the larger baler I would see the most, New Holland the 2nd most. Don't know if they were made by each or bought and painted.

One note though, the Deere might have been big around here, but must not have sold well overall. I don't think they make/sell a big baler anymore.

/ Medium and large square balers, duds and outstanding models? #8  
Buick&Deere,
What size bale do you consider medium and what size is large?

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

2022 John Deere 835R Gator (A33028)
2022 John Deere...
JOHN DEERE 469 MEGA WIDE PLUS ROUND BALER, 540 PTO, MONITOR IN OFFICE, SHOWS 17712 BALES ON MONITOR (A34808)
JOHN DEERE 469...
1012 4450 JOHN DEERE C/A 2WD QR W/740 JOHN DEERE LOADER 18.4X38 "SALAVGE RUNS BAD TRANSMISSION" (A34733)
1012 4450 JOHN...
International 3788 2+2 4WD Tractor (A33113)
International 3788...
1988 FIAT ALLIS 14C CRAWLER TRACTOR, S/N 052811, S/U BLADE W/ TILT, SWEEPS, CANOPY, HOUR METER RE... (A34808)
1988 FIAT ALLIS...
LANDPRIDE 6' 3PT BRUSH HOG, 540 PTO (A34808)
LANDPRIDE 6' 3PT...