MF 135 Dash gauges trouble finding

/ MF 135 Dash gauges trouble finding #1  

EndlessMowing

Tractor
MF135 Perk 3 diesel JD 60

I've been looking at several vendor websites trying to find a reasonable tachometer (3 cyl Perkins Diesel) and appropriate gauges for my MF 135

I have seen NUMEROUS variations of gauge placement on the internet, is there a "standard" as to where they went?

I only have 3 gauges, plus the tach, Tach most likely held water and no longer works or bounces. There was a fuel gauge at one time, the sending unit is in the tank, (Granted there could have been a tank swap in this tractors history, but I'm dealing with what I have and would like to get a fuel gauge eventually.

So Questions are.

- Vendor who has Usuable, new to me Tach/hour meter for the perkins diesel, (preferably not the mid seventies style,) Like the counter clockwise style unit that's in the picture,
- 2 inch gauges like early 135's or possibly the 35's if they will work, (Granted I'd want a volt meter VS an Ammeter)

literature, pointing to original gauge layouts -----------or just make my own?

And Last, don't throw tomato's ----- would the white faced Allis chalmers D-15 gauges I see work????? Or just go with a matching set offering from any of the Auto parts store?

Prefer to use something that keeps the water out just incase the tractor gets left out.

Thanks.

/ MF 135 Dash gauges trouble finding #2  
I suggest you check for gauges at a marine supply company instead of auto parts. They likely have some made for weather resistance.

Bruce

/ MF 135 Dash gauges trouble finding #3  
Yesterdaystractor.com has the gauges and tachometer. Give them a call for questions on your gauges and maybe a fuel gauge to install and connect to your tank sending unit.
The 2" gauges can be purchased at most auto parts or marine stores and work for you, They are standard automotive type gauges.
Oil Pressure uses a copper tube. That's a standard use pressure gauge and any oil pressure gauge should work.
Volt meter is also a standard hook up. One side wired to ignition switch hot when key is on and other side to ground.
Temp gauge is a standard item that uses a capillary tube.
The only item not standard to automotive gauges is the counterclockwise tach. It is probably driven by a cable in a tube that rotates CC.

/ MF 135 Dash gauges trouble finding #4  
I picked up a gauge and sending unit that was a direct bolt in. Check JC Whitney, though I got mine from Princess Auto in Canada... I don't think you need a tach? I never replaced mine and don't have a need. I just give it more fuel, you can't overrev it.