MF 1526: Maintenance Information Inconsistent

/ MF 1526: Maintenance Information Inconsistent #1  

minnesota774

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1526
Hey all,

I have a 2019 Massey Ferguson 1526 Hydro. I have the owners manual that came with it (4283436M5) and the service manual which I purchased. (4283439M1).

I am really surprised at home many inconsistencies and inaccuracies there are in the owner's manual, especially in comparison with the service manual. Some examples:

ItemOwner's ManualService Manual
Transmission system capacity8 Liters18 Liters (correct)
Front Axle OilPermatran Hydraulic fluid
Replace every 300 hours.
#80 weight gear oil
Inspect every 200 hours.
Replace every 600 hours.
Engine Oil ChangeEvery 150 hoursEvery 100 hours
Engine Oil FilterEvery 150 hoursEvery 200 hours
Air Cleaner ElementInspection, clean or replace every 50 hoursWash every 100 hours.
Replace every 600 hours or every 1 year.
RadiatorFlush every 1 yearFlush every 2 years
Reserve tank (coolant)No mentionWash every 100 hours.
Replace every 600 hours or every 2 years.
Transmission Oil & FilterReplace every 300 hoursReplace every 200 hours
Fuel Filter elementReplace and bleed every 300 hoursWash every 100 hours
Replace every 400 hours
Front Axle fore and aftCheck and adjsut every 300 hoursInspect every 600 hours
Tightening of tie-rod endsInspect and adjust every 200 hoursInspect and adjust every 300 hours
Tighten wheel nutsAdjust daily (Really!?)Inspect every 100 hours

This goes on and on with inconsistencies. There are other minor things the service manual says to replace (radiator hoses, for example) that the owner manual does not.

What is a guy to really do? I bought this thing new and want to really take care of it and follow the recommendations. Is this normal that manuals are this different?

/ MF 1526: Maintenance Information Inconsistent
Does one of the manuals cover multiple tractors?
Nope, they are both specific to the Massey Ferguson 1526. They cover all years and both shuttle and hydrostatic. The Loader is a different manual.

/ MF 1526: Maintenance Information Inconsistent #4  
Though not as bad is your tractor info my brand new gc1723 is kind of the same way, I kind of go with the owner's manual and then do a Google search see what everybody else is doing lol

/ MF 1526: Maintenance Information Inconsistent #5  
Unfortunately, this is not uncommon with many manuals. Try something ubiquitous like the owners manual for a car and then look at the shop manual and note the differences. I usually ask one of the mechanics or service managers at the auto place on the recommended procedures for the car or truck. However, since I own an older MF-135, I am on my own and turn to those with more experience for guidance when I am unsure of the best course of action.

/ MF 1526: Maintenance Information Inconsistent #6  
some of those discrepancies are so huge I think I would compare the 2 manuals and always do the interval thats soonest\strictest.
except for lugnuts every day. I do look at them but if they are there they are good for me LOL

/ MF 1526: Maintenance Information Inconsistent #7  
Hey all,

I have a 2019 Massey Ferguson 1526 Hydro. I have the owners manual that came with it (4283436M5) and the service manual which I purchased. (4283439M1).

I am really surprised at home many inconsistencies and inaccuracies there are in the owner's manual, especially in comparison with the service manual. Some examples:

ItemOwner's ManualService Manual
Transmission system capacity8 Liters18 Liters (correct)
Front Axle OilPermatran Hydraulic fluid
Replace every 300 hours.
#80 weight gear oil
Inspect every 200 hours.
Replace every 600 hours.
Engine Oil ChangeEvery 150 hoursEvery 100 hours
Engine Oil FilterEvery 150 hoursEvery 200 hours
Air Cleaner ElementInspection, clean or replace every 50 hoursWash every 100 hours.
Replace every 600 hours or every 1 year.
RadiatorFlush every 1 yearFlush every 2 years
Reserve tank (coolant)No mentionWash every 100 hours.
Replace every 600 hours or every 2 years.
Transmission Oil & FilterReplace every 300 hoursReplace every 200 hours
Fuel Filter elementReplace and bleed every 300 hoursWash every 100 hours
Replace every 400 hours
Front Axle fore and aftCheck and adjsut every 300 hoursInspect every 600 hours
Tightening of tie-rod endsInspect and adjust every 200 hoursInspect and adjust every 300 hours
Tighten wheel nutsAdjust daily (Really!?)Inspect every 100 hours

This goes on and on with inconsistencies. There are other minor things the service manual says to replace (radiator hoses, for example) that the owner manual does not.

What is a guy to really do? I bought this thing new and want to really take care of it and follow the recommendations. Is this normal that manuals are this different?
Hey minnesota774 ! Welcome to TBN I have a 2018 M-F 1526 that I bought new & I decided not to buy the service manual &when I bought my tractor ,I just thought it would be better spent on filters & That's quite a chart You put together looks just like the manual & looking at it makes me glad that I did not purchase the service manual & as You stated there are allot of inconsistencies & inaccuracies :unsure:! But as Daman1 replied that's what i do &I just go by the operators manual & allot of it also based or suggested on what kind of conditions your operating your tractor under & as a retired professional truck driver believe it or not one of the pre or post trip inspection requirements was to check your lug nuts in other words dailyo_Oreally!So IMHO I would base it on just that, What conditions your operating your tractor under & just balance it out between the two based on your use;). IMG_20201003_133908.jpg

/ MF 1526: Maintenance Information Inconsistent #8  
Wow! I thought it was just Kubota that had troubles translating their manuals, LOL

/ MF 1526: Maintenance Information Inconsistent #9  
There is another option. If you have faith in your dealers service manager - ask him which maintenance schedule he follows and would recommend to owners.

/ MF 1526: Maintenance Information Inconsistent #10  
According to Tractordata.com the MF 1526 Had an initial model run from 2011-15 and then a new/upgraded run from 2016-present.

Perhaps your Owner Manual is for the older 'version'. OEM's seem to not like spending money updating their Manuals.

I know that my Owner Manual for the 4105 shows grease nipples (zerks) on my front axle... since removed for my model 'year'. And that grease nipples were added underneath my FWD/REV pedal, not shown in the Manual but 'told to me' by my Dealership's mechanic.