MF 1526: Rear Lights

/ MF 1526: Rear Lights #1  

minnesota774

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1526
Hey all, I have a Massey 1526 Compact. I知 looking to get some rear lights to put on my ROPS; I壇 like them pointed towards my snowblower.

Question is, where痴 the best place to tie them in to the electrical?

/ MF 1526: Rear Lights #2  
Hey all, I have a Massey 1526 Compact. I知 looking to get some rear lights to put on my ROPS; I壇 like them pointed towards my snowblower.

I don't know for sure there should be a pig tail plug in for a trailer under left rear fender? I want to do this mine as well but so far I have not had the need for it yet, But I do want to do it to both of my tractors:unsure:!M-F 50&M-F 1526& welcome to TBN
IMG_20201003_134009.jpg

/ MF 1526: Rear Lights #3  

I found this information from Vahrenberg/ Implements a Massey-Ferguson dealer , & he gave me the company & part no.where You can order it from AGCO thru your local M-F dealer the name of the company is Sparex part no. is S.118198 This is the work light they use on the M-F 1526 & GC series 1725 (standard) & can be used on the 1723 as well, the work light has a on/off switch on the lamp & comes with the hardware & wiring harness with the loom. & this can only ordered thru your local M-F dealer , & I do not know the price.

/ MF 1526: Rear Lights #4  
I went directly from battery positive post through inline fuse to after market switch (on dash) to lamp... Grounded lamp at lamp position... Sometime trying to connect into a system the was never designed to be connected into can cause real headaches.... DIY from battery post keeps it simple...

Also used same concept (shared fuse) for auxiliary power to electric pump on sprayer....

Last edited:
   / MF 1526: Rear Lights #5  
I don't know for sure there should be a pig tail plug in for a trailer under left rear fender? I want to do this mine as well but so far I have not had the need for it yet, But I do want to do it to both of my tractors:unsure:!M-F 50&M-F 1526& welcome to TBNView attachment 699122
That is a beautiful fleet Can Do!!

/ MF 1526: Rear Lights #6  
That is a beautiful fleet Can Do!!
Thanks for the compliment! All 3 pieces of equipment are used on my property & to maintain our private road & help my neighbors when I can, The dump truck is a 1999 1 ton Chevrolet C3500 dually with a HEIL dump body with a 5.7 gasoline
IMG_20201003_134229.jpg
IMG_20201003_134039.jpg
IMG_20201003_134229.jpg

/ MF 1526: Rear Lights #7  
You look like you take really good care of them. They all look in great shape, even the dump truck.

/ MF 1526: Rear Lights #8  
You look like you take really good care of them. They all look in great shape, even the dump truck.
Thanks again! I do take care of them to keep operating cost down ,& I do not want to buy anymore equipment & the dump truck & my trailer I've got do annual state safety inspections on so I make sure they are in tip top shape. & I drove trucks for 44 years & recently retired :cool: , So I don't want to waist money on tickets or breakdowns & I do about 95% work on all of my mechanical children:love:!& the dump truck is the 1st one I've ever drove or owned ,& only has 53,000 on her. Thanks again & that's a nice rig have you have as well in your portfolio.

/ MF 1526: Rear Lights #9  
Thanks Can Do. I no longer have the Paystar. I have also exited the trucking industry after 36 years. I'm now an equipment operator in a mine. Got a few more years before I retire. Work 7 days and have 7 off. I love it! Lots of time to play now.

The mine I work at has a brand new aluminum Dell deck-over dump body they took off their new F550 truck. I was going to try and buy it for my F550, but I just sold it and replaced it with a Kubota RTV-X1100C with a Boss vee plow. I wasn't using the F550 much and I could just see the diesel turning into a money pit. Will get more use from the RTV as it's a good match for my small B series TLB.

/ MF 1526: Rear Lights #10  
Thanks Can Do. I no longer have the Paystar. I have also exited the trucking industry after 36 years. I'm now an equipment operator in a mine. Got a few more years before I retire. Work 7 days and have 7 off. I love it! Lots of time to play now.

The mine I work at has a brand new aluminum Dell deck-over dump body they took off their new F550 truck. I was going to try and buy it for my F550, but I just sold it and replaced it with a Kubota RTV-X1100C with a Boss vee plow. I wasn't using the F550 much and I could just see the diesel turning into a money pit. Will get more use from the RTV as it's a good match for my small B series TLB.
Hey Paystar! Did the Paystar have a Maxforce or a Cummins in it ? I went with that 1 ton dump truck so I can haul material dirt/gravel mostly & pull my trailer with it & I usally have the M-F 1526 on it . I bought it also because gas is cheaper than diesel & I'm one of those who believe a diesel needs to be worked on regular basis & IMHO I think it does not hurt a gas engine to sit as much as it does a diesel & insurance is allot cheaper on that size truck & it's not being used as a business or farm equipment , Just personal use. I really like that Kubota RTV -X1100C that is really a versatile piece of equipment,& that work schedule sounds pretty sweet (y), Have fun & be safe.