MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #1  

Doug62

Silver Member
Tractor
new
Was moving dirt today when all of the sudden my loader started going down all by itself. This was crazy looking. You can see in the photos that the loader sub frame
IMG_5628.jpeg
gave way on both sides. It appears to be either bad welds or cheap metal. Either way, it’s nuts that it would do this with only 140 hours on it.

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #3  
Holy ****, that's absolutely nuts to see the metal fail in such a way.

I believe Quicke/Alo is the OEM for these loaders, I wonder if they make the brackets? That's crazy!

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #9  
Does it look rusted??
Not really 'rusted' like its been like that since new, but you can see where there is an older crack, then the new shiny one.

Just from the pics, it seems the the top inside weld on both sides came loose, then the rest slowly cracked until it gave way. Just looking at the pics as I see them. might tell a different story in person.

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor
It appears it must have been happening slowly. There is surface rust on the break at the front but the weight of the fully loaded bucket caused it to give way as I raised it up to dump it. It tore through the rest of the bracket at that point. I would think these areas need gussets to support the weight of the loader and fully loaded bucket. I think it is rated for 2000 pounds IIRC.

When you throw in the weight of the loader and the stress of that weight being up high to dump it, that needs a seriously strong bracket.

Last edited: