Traction MF 231S

/ MF 231S #1  

fireman4074

Bronze Member
Tractor
MF 231S
What would make one wheel just spin when it is under a light load? I was trying back up a 16' trailer not loaded up hill and left wheel just spin. I press the brake for that side to get traction but I never had tractor that just spin that easy. Could it something with differential?

/ MF 231S
what is ballist

/ MF 231S #4  
To get better traction you fill the tyres with water or some special fluid.
If one tyre is filled more then the other or the one tyre s thread is more worn than the other you start loosing traction on the bad / light tyre.

/ MF 231S
To get better traction you fill the tyres with water or some special fluid.
If one tyre is filled more then the other or the one tyre s thread is more worn than the other you start loosing traction on the bad / light tyre.

Ok I値l try adding some weight to that side. I know that it is easy for that side to spin even just driving uneven terrain. It痴 worse when trying to push something with FEL.

/ MF 231S #7  
Try engaging the differential lock. Not sure where you live, if its an area that has < 20 deg in the winter, consider filling the tires with beet juice, windshield washer fluid or 50/50 antifreeze mix. Under the best of circumstances, Ag tires will spin sooner in reverse than pulling forward.

/ MF 231S
Try engaging the differential lock. Not sure where you live, if its an area that has < 20 deg in the winter, consider filling the tires with beet juice, windshield washer fluid or 50/50 antifreeze mix. Under the best of circumstances, Ag tires will spin sooner in reverse than pulling forward.

IMG_0981.jpg

My differential lever is stuck in the downward position. I tried pulling it up but it is hard. Is that normal that you know of. I also tried spraying the spring with lubricate.

/ MF 231S #9  
Based on the one wheel spinning, I am assuming the diff lock is not engaged. Im not familiar with the mechanics of the 231. In many cases the wheels have to be moving to engage diff lock. You would have to have one wheel spinning or making a gentle turn while pulling up on the lever. The lock has to see the rear wheels moving at different speeds to engage. Sorry for the long explanation.