MF 240 Fuel Filters

/ MF 240 Fuel Filters #1  

Sam in TN

Getting ready to replace the fuel filters on an older MF 240. According to Agco online parts manual both filters are the same. Is this correct? Just assumed they would be different micron ratings like most primary/secondary setups.

Anyone ever replace this setup with spin on filter heads? Looks like a couple lines are banjo type connections, others are pipe thread so probably not going to be easy to do, just hate these old cartridge filters.

Attachments

• fuel filters.jpg
    fuel filters.jpg
    730.1 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_9469.jpg
    IMG_9469.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 75
Last edited:
   / MF 240 Fuel Filters #2  
Getting ready to replace the fuel filters on an older MF 240. According to Agco online parts manual both filters are the same. Is this correct? Just assumed they would be different micron ratings like most primary/secondary setups.

Anyone ever replace this setup with spin on filter heads? Looks like a couple lines are banjo type connections, otheres are pipe thread so probably not going to be easy to do, just hate these old cartridge filters.

Both filters are the same.

Spin ons are easier, but I've had no issues with the MF cartridges. Just a pain to bleed fuel system, but that is what the hand pump is for.

/ MF 240 Fuel Filters #3  
I know this is an old thread, 1) yes both filters are the same.
2) Change BOTH seals, the top one is tiny resessed and best removed with a spear point sharp knife. Make sure the bottom one is FLAT not twisted, or you will have to rremove the filter and reseat the bottom seal FLAT or it won't seal.
3) Get a small container(large enough to fit the filter assembly and your hand) of diesel and deep enough to fill and cover the filter then refit filter. With experience you will be able to change both filters and fire up and not need to bleed the system. Most satisfying when you get the knack.

/ MF 240 Fuel Filters #4  
I know this is an old thread, 1) yes both filters are the same.
2) Change BOTH seals, the top one is tiny resessed and best removed with a spear point sharp knife. Make sure the bottom one is FLAT not twisted, or you will have to rremove the filter and reseat the bottom seal FLAT or it won't seal.
3) Get a small container(large enough to fit the filter assembly and your hand) of diesel and deep enough to fill and cover the filter then refit filter. With experience you will be able to change both filters and fire up and not need to bleed the system. Most satisfying when you get the knack.
I may have to try #3.