MF 4700 Top and Tilt

/ MF 4700 Top and Tilt #1  

timmar

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 4707
Hi all. I'm a very new 4707 owner and need to do a lot of box blade work with it. I definitely want to add hydraulic top and side links. Luckily I have the third rear remote, so I am good there.

Does anyone have advice on which cylinders to get and/or a best source? I know all the dimensions I need, but would like some real world experience if it is out there.

I searched the forum and could not find anything - but I am sure that is me not looking the right way. Thanks in advance.

Tim

/ MF 4700 Top and Tilt #2  
In my view the hydraulic top link is a necessity. Using my MF 2660 I have not done a large volume of box blade work (preping a site for a building, etc.) but the hyd top link allows you to dig the tines in when you want to and point them more upward when you do not want to. That equates to a zillion nuisance trips to and from the seat otherwise.

The hydraulic side link ? Not so much. Depends on how much box blade work you intend to do, what the terrain is like, etc. I'm not a fan of side link tweaking but it may be important to you.

/ MF 4700 Top and Tilt #3  
Hi all. I'm a very new 4707 owner and need to do a lot of box blade work with it. I definitely want to add hydraulic top and side links. Luckily I have the third rear remote, so I am good there.

Does anyone have advice on which cylinders to get and/or a best source? I know all the dimensions I need, but would like some real world experience if it is out there.

I searched the forum and could not find anything - but I am sure that is me not looking the right way. Thanks in advance.

Tim
Something like these. Lead times are currently a minimum of 36 weeks.

3" dia cylinders with 1 1/2" dia rods.
I build these specifically for the Massey 47XX series tractors.

Here is the Fit Rite contact page if you would like a quote.

Attachments

• Massey 47XX series.JPG
    Massey 47XX series.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 85
   / MF 4700 Top and Tilt #4  
Check SURPLUS CENTER online. You might be able to come up with something on your own using parts from them.

/ MF 4700 Top and Tilt
JWR, I have to cut across some hills for trails and the side link will make this a lot quicker.
Brian, that is exactly what I want and I looked at your website. You do nice work. Unfortunately I need them in a month or so.
Jeep, we think alike and that is one of the places I have looked.

/ MF 4700 Top and Tilt #6  
I got my T&T cylinders with hoses off Amazon. At about half the price of those above with no wait except shipping (less than a week). And mine came with the pilot locks. The blue paint is mine--They came black.

Top and Tilt.jpg

/ MF 4700 Top and Tilt #7  
Agristoreusa.com
Haytools.com
Agrisupply.com

Mine came from agristoreusa

/ MF 4700 Top and Tilt #8  
I ordered this from Agristore based on someone's (might have been brian I don't remember) recommendation. I just installed this today actually and so far so good. I put the link for the link and the hoses.